HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Ready for a new trail cam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/394114-ready-new-trail-cam.html)

Scottdnramember 09-03-2014 07:56 AM

Ready for a new trail cam

ok hunters, I'm starting to look into a new trail cam. I have 3 now, and while none are that great, the easiest one to use was like $50 and has a decent flash and trigger. The most expensive was about $150 and the trail cam trigger is junk. Deer almost have to step on the damn thing to get their picture taken, but the plot feature works pretty good. the other is total junk.

What is a good trail cam with plot watcher feature for around $100? Long trigger distance preferred in trail cam mode.

If there is a trail cam manufacturer that would like to sponsor a giveaway/review on the Venison group on Facebook, that would be good too. Send me one and I'll use it for a few weeks and give it away on that group after posting a youtube review. If that sounds nutty to you keep in mind that my Parker Tomahawk crossbow reviews have got over 20K views and I've probably sold more Parker Xbows for them than most outdoor shops. haha. Otherwise, I still need ideas to look into what to buy for me.

littlearrow 09-03-2014 08:18 AM

Check out reviews on: www.chasingame.com or www.trailcampro.com

Scottdnramember 09-03-2014 12:55 PM

OK any idea on how far the Browning strike force will trigger? I see flash disatance but not how far away deer will set them off.

BOWHUNTERCOP 09-04-2014 12:07 PM

from my understanding the Browning cams are getting good reviews and are made by Moultrie

hunter440 09-11-2014 03:26 AM

70ft according to the trailcam pro test

kslivstkbroker 09-16-2014 07:34 AM

primos are what i use!!!

for the money primos gets the nod for me!!!have 30 cams so far they're the best have had Moultrie (there for sale, night pics suck )spypoint (good but 2/3 less pics than primos)cudiebacks (lots problems ) no manufactory service threw it away!!!wildgame (junk )battery problems light on pi count!!!the best camera for the money primo's blackout I use the big one natchez has the best buy on them !!! I even bought two refurbished there two years ago !!!still working bought two ultras blackout not sur but I got more pics on the d cameras than the double aa models but they say lithium are the way to go way to expensive for me!!! don't buy the extra power pack for the ultras they suck !!! you can get them for under $150 ($125) $100 for big ones !!! They catch everything even birds & mice !!! simple to use Wilbur!!!

junk

lemoyne 09-16-2014 09:54 AM

Scott,
I just bought and have been doing a bit of testing a new Browning Covert Ops so far it has impressed me it does trigger well at 60 Ft which is as far as I have tested it the pic day are excellent the night pics are usable but not as sharp as the Strike force but since I am using it as a security cam that it not be spotted was important.