HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   the albino buck pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/387237-albino-buck-pics.html)

scoot12 11-18-2013 06:48 AM

the albino buck pics

Here is an albino buck I have running around my little 40 acre parcel, about a month ago I was in my stand and before I even knew he was around had him come walk by me at 15 yards broadside, I couldn't believe it and I knew I could shoot him, I am in cwd zone but I thought wow let this guy go and see watch him grow, I got home and told my wife, boss, friends and they thought I was nuts until a week later I pulled some sd cards and I have tons of pics of him, he has been hanging around and neighbor saw him also. DNR contacted me and biologist told me it was first confirmed sighting in our county, thank god for trail cams. Scoot

Wilcam47 11-18-2013 08:21 AM

that's cool you let him go..but someone else prob wont...sorry to say. Is it considered a albino without red eyes? or just a piebald? Im just curious...very cool pics though thanks for sharing.

Freerorbust 11-18-2013 08:26 AM

Full body mount! Awesome deer though

littlearrow 11-19-2013 01:22 PM

I would have passed on that deer too. Interesting to see what that deer would develop into. Also nice to give others the opportunity of seeing it. Thanks for sharing.

Boogeyman24 11-19-2013 04:08 PM

Great decision to let him walk, I didn't know that they let you shoot them in the CWD zone. The story that you had him walk right by you and let him go would be more valuable than shooting him IMO. I hope he can grow and you get to watch him for a long time!

KonKata 11-19-2013 04:52 PM

He's a beautiful deer. Albino deer have pink eyes but its so hard to actually tell the eye shade from the pictures.

We had a white deer that used to hang out in one of the fields. Never did get a good look at him to see if he was piebald or fully white.

I did see a white crow the other day though! That thing was wild looking!

flags 11-20-2013 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wilcam47 (Post 4099195)
that's cool you let him go..but someone else prob wont...sorry to say. Is it considered a albino without red eyes? or just a piebald? Im just curious...very cool pics though thanks for sharing.

I'm leaning towards a very white piebald. The pics show some very light brown around the left antler and eye. And as you have pointed out, he doesn't have pink eyes. I may be mistaken but I think a true albino doesn't have any pigment at all so there would be no brown hair or dark eyes.

There really isn't any biological reason not to shoot him. Piebalds and albinos have a recessive gene. But then, if you like having him around, by all means hold off on shooting but don't expect others to if they get a crack at him. 40 acres isn't a big patch of land for him to stay on all the time. Don't be surprised if you see a pic of him in the paper with a smiling hunter next to him.

RPD63 11-20-2013 12:34 PM

Very cool pictures.

Wilcam47 11-20-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by flags (Post 4099882)
I'm leaning towards a very white piebald. The pics show some very light brown around the left antler and eye. And as you have pointed out, he doesn't have pink eyes. I may be mistaken but I think a true albino doesn't have any pigment at all so there would be no brown hair or dark eyes.

There really isn't any biological reason not to shoot him. Piebalds and albinos have a recessive gene. But then, if you like having him around, by all means hold off on shooting but don't expect others to if they get a crack at him. 40 acres isn't a big patch of land for him to stay on all the time. Don't be surprised if you see a pic of him in the paper with a smiling hunter next to him.

yeah exactly! Ive seen all different kinds of spotted piebalds in MD but out west here I haven't seen any...

early in 11-20-2013 03:13 PM

I obviously don't know for sure, but I'd say it's an Albino. That deer has a pink nose and I don't see anything that should be white that isn't. You can't see it's hooves though. That would be telling.