HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Anybody use the cheap Tasco 3mp camera? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/385699-anybody-use-cheap-tasco-3mp-camera.html)

ChasinTail 10-04-2013 10:26 PM

Anybody use the cheap Tasco 3mp camera?

Finally got a camera. Bought 2 of the cheap Tasco 3mp cameras from wal mart and got them set up in a pretty promising spot over some corn and mineral. So it'll be a few weeks before I get to see how they perform.

Anybody have one out? Can you post some pics that it took if you do.

I'll be glad when the price of these suckers go down. Beings that you can buy a 12+ megapixel digital camer for under $50, these crappy low megapixel trail cameras should not be so expensive. I'd say in a few years the prices will drop a lot. Maybe then I can have 10 or so set up all around.

early in 10-05-2013 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by ChasinTail (Post 4086317)
I'll be glad when the price of these suckers go down. Beings that you can buy a 12+ megapixel digital camer for under $50, these crappy low megapixel trail cameras should not be so expensive. I'd say in a few years the prices will drop a lot. Maybe then I can have 10 or so set up all around.

Yea, I thought that too a number of years ago, but they are still every bit as expensive, if not more, as when they first came out. :mad:

Wilcam47 10-05-2013 05:55 AM

I bought a $50 dollar tasco camera at walmart..it lasted about 1 season and a half of another...it started flaking out and I left it hanging on the tree ...it started taking random pics when I knew there were deer there....I haven't messed with it..to see whats wrong with it...

Arkansasmountainman 10-05-2013 07:48 AM

not happy with mine from two seasons ago pretty sure its still on the tree.. wildgame innovations is reasonably priced

ChasinTail 10-07-2013 10:27 AM

Okay the trail cam has been out for only 2 days now but i had to go hang a stand there so i figured id go ahead and check it. Heres the pictures i got just to give you guys an idea of how the camera performs. I didnt include the pictures of me, but anyime i walked by the area it took a good picture of me.

Pretty decent pictures imo. Im gonna turn the delay time down and see what that changes. This spot has a big cedar thicket bedding site nearby and a bunch of good rubs so i expect to have some bucks but who knows. Ill update this thread next time i check it.

huntinyoung 10-08-2013 07:51 AM

They do "OK", but not great. I've had good and bad experiences with them. Not good quality pictures, sometimes the batteries wouldn't last a week, had pictures stuck on the camera before and not go to SD card, and they didn't last very long. But they are inexpensive and easy to set up... I've had better luck with the Moultrie L-50 at Walmart. 5 megapixel and $60. I like to get a couple low cost cameras like that to go with my higher quality ones. You get what you pay for though.

ChasinTail 10-09-2013 09:36 PM

Took my nephew out to try to get him a bow kill and had those same two deer come in, they winded us though.

These cameras haven't been out for long but when I checked they didn't have any night time pictures which could be a problem. I'll update this thread next time I check it and let you all know how they do.