Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

need help

Old 08-11-2013, 07:15 PM
Spike

Default need help

I have five cameras. All are infared Moultries. One, the newest, has never worked. One, the oldest, doesn't work. The rest have multiple problems. Digital display on four are inoperable. The infared on one quit working. I have tried contacting Moultrie , but they have the worst customer service system ever. Any suggestions would help. Should I try to have them repaired?They are on their 3rd season. How long do these Cameras tend to last? If I replace them, what is a brand that is dependable and if needed can be repaired. I'm really bummed-out with these Moultries. I don't hunt but I look forward to what my cameras capture on film. My wife is addicted to wildlife cameras. S.O.S.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about your bad experience. I have 5 moultries as well and I have really enjoyed them and had no problems at all with them. Which Moultrie do you have?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 PM
Spike

Default need help

I have four I-40 and one I-65. They worked fine at first but quickly, the led display malfunctioned and it was down hill from there. Are they worth repairing?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure if they are worth repairing or not. I have the DR 55 and the M80 Blackout and have had two of them for 4 years with no problems
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 AM
Spike

I have had a couple Moultries the old I series was always noted to have a problem with the display (that and a very slow trigger but the new ones are much better). I got about 5 years out of my I40 and the I65 has been running about 3 years but tends to miss a few pics.

My thoughts would be to start switching to Covert cameras, the MP6 and Red40 are both outstanding cameras, the MP6 Black and Black60 are very nice if you want black flash that can't be seen past about a foot and still have good flash range. Battery life on these cameras is outstanding.