Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Cams

Old 07-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Spike

Default Trail Cams

What is a good Trail cam to get?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

I personally like the Moultrie camera s. The DR 55 does a great job for the money.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Spike

I really like the Browning Range Ops for the money.

I went through a bunch of other brands before this one and really like the features and picture quality..
Old 07-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Spike

if you dont have a money tree steath cam is very good i have alot of cams, hands down they are the best
Old 07-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

I picked up a Primos Truth 35 for $110 and am pretty happy with it. Doesnt take as good of pictures at my Moultrie but the trigger is twice as fast.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Moultries and coverts
Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your going to get a lot of answers unless you give a price range. For me, I'm a Bushnell guy personally.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:28 PM
MZS
Typical Buck

There are cams that take photos every few seconds (videos) all day long (day cams) and motion activated cameras that take photos 24/7 via motion and now many that do both. A very cheap yet dependable day cam is the Primos DPS Truth Cam at $65 (Amazon). I am on my 3rd year using mine. The drawback is that beyond 50 yards it is difficult to see a lot of detail but if the rack is half-way big you will see it. Sometimes you will have a hard time seeing if it is a spike buck or not. Batteries (8 AAs) will last about a month in warmer weather, even though you start getting a low battery level after a week or two. Another recent drawback is that now I am having to use an online program to view my pics due to recent Windows updates - it is not a problem for me since I do this in my office anyway. And I am thinking this is because mine might be an older model. This DPS is a day-cam only . I tried an ultra-cheap Walmart special for photos once - it proved to be worth its price and I took it back.

For a fairly cheap camera that takes both photos and videos, the Primos Truth Cam Ultra 35 mentioned by OhioNovice would be a good choice if you did not have a ton to spend. It would probably be my choice for my next camera.

Last edited by MZS; 07-26-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reconyx is 1 thats about the best...$400.00-$600.00 price range per camera!

The others that seem really good that I reccomend is the following.

Moultrie
D55-IR
I-60
M-80
M-80XT
M-100
M-990I

Cuddeback Capture (White Flash)

Bushnell the newer ones with 8.0 or 10 megapixels

Lil'ACorn Trail Camera's

Spypoint Trail Camera's

Go to www.chasingame.com and Read the Reviews on different Trail Camera's there to get an idea of the different Feautres,Quality and Prices then ask more Questions and Shop around for the best prices!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Fork Horn

I had nothing but problems with spypoints. Had 2 and had to send both back. One broke and it is out of warrenty so I replaced it with a Moultrie M-100. Right now I have a spypoint tiny, Moultrie and a wild game innovations out. The wild game is slow on its trigger speed but takes decent pics. It also has been beat up by bears about a dozen times and moose twice. Moultrie is good so far but its only been out for a few months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.