HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Delaware Trail Camera (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/383204-delaware-trail-camera.html)

bigwayne119 07-21-2013 04:59 AM

Delaware Trail Camera

5 Attachment(s)
In the first week of using a Primo's Truth camera, 3 MP in a known deer path. Hunted a natural blind in this spot last year and killed two bucks within 75 yards that had traveled up the woods road that is behind the camera and crossed the 8 foot deep ditch directly in front of the cam. The woods behind the cam is mature oak and the trees in front are a hedgerow that runs along the backside of our crop field and connects over to a large cedar stand. I will move the cam over the that hedgerow in a few days as I want to monitor the movement in the clover and grass field that is found there. We get a lot of deer moving through between our woods and the neighbors so we get a good amount of deer for 40 acres.

So far in the pics you can see a nice eight point who is very curious of the cam and some side shots of a big bodied 10 point. Also a couple of shooter does who tend to only come out at 1 am.

RPD63 07-21-2013 06:22 AM

Good looking Pictures.

WIbuckchaser 07-21-2013 08:41 AM

Nice bucks. They were out there this morning?

littlearrow 07-21-2013 09:34 AM

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

bigwayne119 07-22-2013 09:43 PM

It was actually the morning of the 20th when both were seen, just noticed the date was off on my camera by one day. I checked it around noon on the 20th and hoping to see them again when I check it later this week.

QuanticoKidd 07-30-2013 12:28 PM

Nice Photos that is a Beautiful Buck

Deepsouthdeerjunky 07-31-2013 04:10 PM

any complaints with this cam model? lookin to invest in a few of them since my Moultries are about wore out (they are all 6 years old)

bigwayne119 07-31-2013 09:38 PM

This one seems to work great, got it for around $60 on Amazon on a lucky day I guess because it went back up to $80 the next week when I decided I wanted a second one. Battery life is good and the pics are great for only a 3mp, I will be getting more after this season.

I did have an issue with a memory card today but it was a formatting issue with the sd card and not the camera. I had over 100 pictures over the week but all but the first six were corrupted by the card and those six were of a fox and a hen turkey. Experimented with it today and it seems to be fixed after my computer reformatted the card. Hopefully it works because our bow season starts in a month and I am trying to pattern those velvet bucks.

bigwayne119 09-02-2013 09:10 PM

UPDATE: Shot the 8 pointer tonight still in velvet on opening day of archery season. Clean pass through in a fallow part of a corn field. Waiting on morning to trail due to darkness.

razor6570 09-03-2013 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by bigwayne119 (Post 4077621)
UPDATE: Shot the 8 pointer tonight still in velvet on opening day of archery season. Clean pass through in a fallow part of a corn field. Waiting on morning to trail due to darkness.

Good luck! Please post the pics, be nice to see a buck down already.