Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
So there I was setting up cameras...... >

So there I was setting up cameras......

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

So there I was setting up cameras......

Old 04-02-2013, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default So there I was setting up cameras......

.... and was on my 3rd setup at our camp. I am using a mix of different Wildviews and was setting up a "decent" WV #4. Got a bit distracted by my old man getting stuck with his ATV when I was setting it up so I wasn't too suprised when I plugged in the 12 V battery pack and heard a POP and smelled/saw smoke!!!!! (*&%*#$@&). So I tried another 12 V pack and the cam actually turned on but still smoked. Then tried C batteries and the cam turned on (thought I might be ok) but would not take a picture. So I assume the camera is now junk, I fried it? Next question: Do cams like this that don't work or don't totally work worth anything to those who make home brews (can they scavenge parts)?? I have a few that don't function and would love to get a little $ out of them to put towards a purchase of a new one.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

doughboysigep: In regards to your camera problem: your twelve volt external port system will no longer work. As for the internal "C" battery system, if you haven't already tried this: turn the camera off. Remove the batteries and after a few minutes, reinstall them. With an SD card installed, turn the camera back on and do a trial walk etc. in front of it. Shut off the camera, remove the SD card and view it either on your computer or viewer etc. to see if it took your picture. Usually if the twelve volt port system is damaged the internal "C" section will still work as these are two separate systems. Good luck