Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

homebrew cams

Old 02-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default homebrew cams

Im thinking about trying my first homebrew. i was gonna buy the yeti full kit. and then a sony s600 or w55. how would these compare to the scoutguard sg565. is it real hard to build. also how long would the batteries last compared to the scoutguard.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

There are a few builders I know of over on archerytalk.com - 12Ringer is one of them. Do a search on there. You can either try a build and get help or have them build you one. My first trail cam was a Scoutguard 550, then it got stolen, next came was a Leaf River that I then sold and got a homebrew P32...and a P41, then a Spypoint, and just recently a homebrew S40. You cannot go wrong with a homebrew...good bettery life, awesome pics, you can customize it...I like my Spypoint as a commercial cam, better than a Scoutguard I think.