HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Still carrying head gear. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/378318-still-carrying-head-gear.html)

WIbuckchaser 01-24-2013 03:34 PM

Still carrying head gear.

With very little snow cover I was hoping they would have shed them but...

scoot12 01-25-2013 04:51 AM

nice bucks, that last one is really wide, he will be great next year. I am from Wisconsin and as of last weekend the bucks I had on cam also had their headgear. Scoot

btnovotny 01-25-2013 07:57 AM

Nice looking deer to go after next season! Good luck shed hunting!

VTBoneCollector 01-25-2013 10:30 AM

Nice pics. I've tried putting up my cameras but the batteries seem to die after a week in the cold weather. How long are your batteries lasting and what ones are you using?

pnut 01-25-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector (Post 4031116)
Nice pics. I've tried putting up my cameras but the batteries seem to die after a week in the cold weather. How long are your batteries lasting and what ones are you using?

Use lithiums in the winter.

WIbuckchaser 01-25-2013 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector (Post 4031116)

The lithiums definitely last longer but they cost quite a bit more too. When I bought my last camera I bought the combo package. Camera with charger and rechargeable batteries so I have been using the rechargeables. For a while I had one of my cameras on video mode and when it got cold that really sucked the juice so now I just have them on still mode and they are doing fine out there now. I check my cameras every weekend in the winter and make sure the battery life is always at least at 40%.

browtine7 01-25-2013 04:27 PM

Cool looking pics. Thanks for sharing

pnut 01-25-2013 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser (Post 4031204)
The lithiums definitely last longer but they cost quite a bit more too. When I bought my last camera I bought the combo package. Camera with charger and rechargeable batteries so I have been using the rechargeables. For a while I had one of my cameras on video mode and when it got cold that really sucked the juice so now I just have them on still mode and they are doing fine out there now. I check my cameras every weekend in the winter and make sure the battery life is always at least at 40%.

A set of Lithiums in my Reconyx cams will last 14 months and take 22,000 pics.

WIbuckchaser 01-25-2013 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by pnut (Post 4031209)
A set of Lithiums in my Reconyx cams will last 14 months and take 22,000 pics.

Wow that's unreal. You think it would still take that many in below 0 temps?

pnut 01-26-2013 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by WIbuckchaser (Post 4031240)
Wow that's unreal. You think it would still take that many in below 0 temps?

Maybe not 14 months but I'm sure they'd go about 10-12 depending on how long your winter was.
We had a pretty mild winter last yr but so far this yr, they are staying at 99% and I put batteries in them in July.

I wish I had about 6 of the Reconyx but that would be about $2100 worth of cams.