Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Found a trail camera...need help please >

Found a trail camera...need help please

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Found a trail camera...need help please

Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Spike

Default Found a trail camera...need help please

Hello, I recently was walking down the road as I do every day for exercise, and I noticed something in the ditch. When I got there, I could tell it was a trail camera, so I got it out and took it home. It looked as if it had been thrown away bc there was a lot of other stuff like vinyl siding and stuff too. Anyways, I didn't have any batteries, and the ones in it were dead. I got a power cord used for charging my spot light, and I turned it on and it seemed to work bc the laser aiming light came on. The camera is a Moultrie MFS I-40. I could not get the screen to come on, so I figured it needed batteries. I put new batteries in it and the LCD came on, but I couldn't read it. I figured that was why it was in the ditch.The camera did not have an SD card in it. I got a usb cord and plugged it into my tv and found where I had taken 16 pics of myself while trying to figure it out. I got on the web checked the camera out and learned that the LCDs are bad about going out, but can be easily replaced for $15 from Moultrie. I also printed off the operating instructions while I was on their website. My question is: Do I need any kind of software driver to put on my computer for it to work? I plugged it into my laptop, but nothing happened. Usually when I plug in a removable device I get a message on my computer...actually I did get a message, but I clicked out of it and I haven't been able to get it to come up again so I could see what exactly it said. I do know it said something like MGS MFS I 40 or something, but I cant get the message to display on my lap top or my mac since. I'm just wondering if I will be able to download the software from the internet. Thanks everyone...