Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
I'll never buy another Stealth Cam Product >

I'll never buy another Stealth Cam Product

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I'll never buy another Stealth Cam Product

Old 10-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Host of Hosts

Default I'll never buy another Stealth Cam Product

It all started around 7 weeks ago. I checked my camera that was out for 2 weeks and found it was dead. I figured maybe the batteries died so I pulled it and brought it home.

I found that it was not working properly due to the green LED test light staying on continuously. i called Stealth Cam and talked to a very nice young lady.She was very pleasant and told me how to do a reset on the camera. I told her I'd try it. She said to call back and let her know if it didn't work.

Well it didn't do a thing... I called back 2 days later and went through the whole story again with another CS rep. He said it was probably the cards I was using...(always the case with camera companies it seems).

Anyway I told him I'd been using the cards for 4 months and they worked fine. Then he told me to try the reset again. I did...Again it didn't work...Soooo I called back again and got to talk to the original girl from the first call. She gave me an RA number and told me how and where to send it. Packaged it up and sent it in....

Oh also they told me they didn't have an Archers Choice Camera to replace mine so would I settle for another model. I agreed. Wasn't happy, but if they don't have them what do you do?

Anyway they received my camera on Sept 17 and I still haven't got my replacement. I called and yet another girl who was rude this time said that it usually takes 3-5 weeks to get a replacement out. I asked if they had the model in stock they were sending and she said yes...

I'm sorry ,but 4 weeks now and could be another week or more is unacceptable to me. I will never buy another product of theirs. In my opinion if it takes that much time and they are that busy with returns it tells me their products must be junk....

Thanks for letting me rant...
Old 10-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny, that's exactly how I feel about Cuddeback.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Go with moultrie. I have had great luck with them
Old 10-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by browtine7
Go with moultrie. I have had great luck with them
X2. Great company. It been a while since it happened. But, as I remember they replaced one of my cameras once due to a defect. My model was not produced anymore so they gave me the next upgraded model. No questions asked.

I still use one of their cheapest models. It's slow, but still kicking. I would love to have a Reconyx, but don't like the idea of placing a $500 bill in the field.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems the "reset" route is the same thing they tell everyone - they told be the same thing when I called them about my camera last year.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had my Stealth Prowler from back in 2009 and am quite pleased with it. The only thing I do not care for is it has a slow trigger time. I have taken hundreds of pics and videos with it. My batteries on it has lasted at least 3 months at a time so I am pleased with it's performance.