HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   What Would Be A Good Low Cost Trail Cam With Sound? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/372989-what-would-good-low-cost-trail-cam-sound.html)

jrbsr 09-24-2012 05:15 PM

What Would Be A Good Low Cost Trail Cam With Sound?

What would be a good low cost trail cam with sound, and Incandescent (Flash) I don't like night pictures from a Infrared Camera.
I would like a night video, with sound, but it probably has to be the Infrared type.
And has a longer than a 15 second video.
Maybe around $100.00 or so.
So what is out there?

Thank You.

littlearrow 09-24-2012 05:57 PM

jrbsr: I'm running 4 Moultrie M100 which have the option of audio. Audio works good if set up over a bait but setting up along game trails like I do, it is a hit and miss. All the Moultrie cameras are limited to 10 second night video and night video is black and white. These cameras when set to video, take a picture first, then the video. Sometimes, what you get in the picture is missed in the video due to the delay. This would not likely happen if set up over a bait. The field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it down loads. Good luck.

Luv2KilFish 09-24-2012 06:16 PM

You can buy the stealth unit ops for about $150 online. It has sound, no glow IR and 180 sec video. The best thing is that it has .37 sec trigger speed.

pnut 09-25-2012 04:15 AM

A $100 cam in itself would be iffy at best.
To add audio to video at that cost would be asking way too much.

Save some money and wait to get into the $200 range of cams.

jrbsr 09-25-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Luv2KilFish (Post 3982281)
You can buy the stealth unit ops for about $150 online. It has sound, no glow IR and 180 sec video. The best thing is that it has .37 sec trigger speed.

This may be the next one I get. That is if my $$ falls in line. :D
Thank You Luv2KilFish

jrbsr 09-25-2012 06:44 AM

O.K. Any more to look at?

Phil from Maine 09-25-2012 07:33 AM

Have you checked amazon? I think they have this same trail cam for around $94. I would be checking around some just to see what is out there. It will surprise you what the diffrent ones offer. Also I would read the reviews to see exactly what you are really interested in.

Good Luck with that.

pnut 09-25-2012 09:23 AM

The reviews I've read for that cam are horrible.

PastorJim08 09-25-2012 04:30 PM

You probably can't get one for $100 but I've had great luck with the Moultrie M80. Also, there are no cameras that take incandesent videos at night.

Blessings........Pastorjim

supaflav 09-25-2012 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by jrbsr (Post 3982440)
O.K. Any more to look at?

you should look at the Bushnell Trophy Cam's. It's a little more than you're looking to pay, but it would be well worth it for the long term investment. They come with a 2 year warranty and have excellent customer service. Go to trailcampro.com and you can see the reviews and tests on most all trail cam's. Do your homework and make an informed decision.