Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
What Would Be A Good Low Cost Trail Cam With Sound? >

What Would Be A Good Low Cost Trail Cam With Sound?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What Would Be A Good Low Cost Trail Cam With Sound?

Old 09-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Fork Horn

best quality cheap camera in my opinion is primos truth cam 35 for eighty bucks... i have three one is from when they first came out and still works great... no audio though i dont think.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Spike

I can build you a camera that will do what you want. White LEDS for nightime color video in 720p HD. Any delay times you want as well. Not for $100 though!!! There are no DECENT DEPENDABLE trailcameras for less than $350.00.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR GUYS!!!! My stuff is warrantied FOREVER. There are lots of options out there other than the commercial Walmart Stuff.....
Old 09-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Spike

Spypoint G4 from gander mountain. $99 http://youtu.be/nh8sw2j8ER8 and http://youtu.be/CvlgsTcUO_A These are a couple samples, don't know where the reflection came from(day video),but it's the only video that it ever showed up on

Last edited by MTBowhunter; 09-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by supaflav
you should look at the Bushnell Trophy Cam's. It's a little more than you're looking to pay, but it would be well worth it for the long term investment. They come with a 2 year warranty and have excellent customer service. Go to trailcampro.com and you can see the reviews and tests on most all trail cam's. Do your homework and make an informed decision.
The Tasco 3.0 made by Bushnell, has a 1 year total replacement, and 2 year parts warranty also.
Bushnell has really good customer service too.
Bushnell said send it to them, and they would fix or replace it, they would probably just send me a new one.
They even emailed a UPS shipping label to print, and tape on the box.
But since I bought an extended replacement warranty, I sent it to them.
I am just waiting for the refund to get here.
They emailed a UPS shipping label also.
It will work out after a while any way.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FIREMANJIM01
I can build you a camera that will do what you want. White LEDS for nightime color video in 720p HD. Any delay times you want as well. Not for $100 though!!! There are no DECENT DEPENDABLE trailcameras for less than $350.00.....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR GUYS!!!! My stuff is warrantied FOREVER. There are lots of options out there other than the commercial Walmart Stuff.....

No decent cams for under 350? I have used primos truth cam for years without a single glitch.... at eighty bucks you can not beat it.... hundreds od pics with great quality a week
Old 09-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by MTBowhunter
Spypoint G4 from gander mountain. $99 http://youtu.be/nh8sw2j8ER8 and http://youtu.be/CvlgsTcUO_A These are a couple samples, don't know where the reflection came from(day video),but it's the only video that it ever showed up on
Yes, Spypoint G4 camera coming with 4 megapixel camera and sound recording. I think Spypoint G4 is the right camera for you.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FIREMANJIM01
I absolutely disagree with you.
I have four $200 cams in Scoutguard SG550 and Cuddeback Captures and they are rock solid. The Scoutguard is 6yrs old this year and still going strong. They don't eat up batteries and do what they are supposed to do. All of them were about $190-210 a piece.
I also have a Reconyx Hyperfire which I love but I won't be able to buy four of them since they are $450 a piece.
I think most of the sub $150 cams are mostly crap but you can get a very dependable cam around $200. I speak from experience.