Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
First deer ever! (On Camera) >

First deer ever! (On Camera)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

First deer ever! (On Camera)

Old 09-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default First deer ever! (On Camera)

Had my camera out all last year and for the past two months and this is the first full deer I've caught. Normally I just get trees, squirrels and the occasional deer butt, but this one actually shows a head! I thought he was a 6pt but the more Im looking maybes hes a 7, or 8pt?

I shall name him Fuzzy!

Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It gets better with time just hang in there. Nice shot.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pics keep them coming.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Typical Buck

Cool pics. I have just as much fun checking my cameras now as I do hunting
Old 09-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the first good picture! If your state allows it next year stick a salt block in front of the camera.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nellyhunt
I live in Michigan and am gearing up for deer hunting season. Well, I just purchased a GoPro Hero 2 camera and absolutely love the qualtiy and being able to capture all the action, & my friend uses a contour roam but i think my videos are better quality with the hero2, Problem is my friend dropped it and scratched the lens. go pro said they would not warranty it but would only give me a small discount on a new camera. I dont want to buy a new one as I just spend money on this. Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks guys!
sometimes buffing works. and there are scratch clarifiers for glass. sometimes heating it up will allow the glue to let go and you can replace it (just the glass). i even got free screens from one cam company, and replaced it myself. so ask if they have a lens they can give you(or sell you).
where are these pics you speak of?

to the op....maybe backing that cam up a bit will help...then crawl by it and see if it is goin off. maybe put the cam where all the trails come together at will help too.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:50 AM
Banned

looks like an 8 point. try moving the cam a bit further off the trail and angle it so it faces down the trail. will greatly decrease the deer butt issue.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first catch. Don't worry there will be many more. You might try to move the cammera just a little bit further from where you expect the subject to be. The cone of detection widens as it gets further from the camera.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the tips guys. Im actually getting ready to move the camera so Ill take your advice on camera positioning. Its been so dry here, I found a small low area with standing water that the deer seem to be flocking to, so Im going to put my camera on the water hole and see what I can find.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Typical Buck

Definately an 8 point. It seems like he heard your camera snap and walked away. Set it back a bit and test the range. I had a cam get zapped by lightning, Wildgame Innov. replaced it, no ?'s asked.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.