Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

shoot or pass

Old 09-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Spike

pass on both! they're too young
Old 09-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

I would pass as well
Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lips 101
i pray that you,joey3377 and CRhodes are nowhere near my land.
QDMA "let him grow so he can grow." you can always wait for a doe. there is alot more does than bucks. if you hunt for meat you should have no problem shooting doe's. to shoot small bucks and calling it meat hunting is embarrassing to your self and ignorant. please look at the buck to doe ratio in your aira and prove me wrong
Keep in mind, not all areas have 'doe days' the entire season. For example, in VA where I hunt, I get 5 tags and throughout ML and rifle season I only get 3 doe days. That means I have to take 2 bucks. If I'm after meat and horns don't matter, then it's quite feasable that 2 "small" bucks will be shot.

Just as a helpful hint, before you start calling someone out, make sure you have all the facts.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

Passing for sure... smile as they walk away on your land and say, see you in 2 years!

once that velvet comes off, you will see how tiny his rack will be as well.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

I would pass them both the one with the odd rack looks like it might be his 1st rack if thats the case then he might really be something in 2-4 years. I killed a great buck last year and it's only because i watched him as a goofy messed up racked 2.5 yr. old and passed him. then he cleaned up at 3.5 and at 4.5 he kept the main frame 8 grew splits on his g2's brow tine g3 and his main beam even had a split. Thats when i killed him

Point being GIVE HIM A CHANCE
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by TNHagies
Keep in mind, not all areas have 'doe days' the entire season. For example, in VA where I hunt, I get 5 tags and throughout ML and rifle season I only get 3 doe days. That means I have to take 2 bucks. If I'm after meat and horns don't matter, then it's quite feasable that 2 "small" bucks will be shot.

Just as a helpful hint, before you start calling someone out, make sure you have all the facts.
fact there are states witch have a buck to doe ratio that is off balance with more bucks than does how ever the ozarks are on the border of IL and missouri in witch case there are more does than bucks, so in this case there is no excuse. in either case i beleave that you should let younger deer grow for the health of the herd no mater how many tags there are you will see more deer and of better quality.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

pass on byyeeeee
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Typical Buck

Too young and lots of potential there. They'd both walk.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here with our deer numbers being what they are I would shoot either one if I had a chance to. If we had a better number of deer then I too, most likely would pass on them.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd pass on both.
Let them grow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.