Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Not Seeing Bucks Anymore >

Not Seeing Bucks Anymore

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Not Seeing Bucks Anymore

Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Not Seeing Bucks Anymore

I put a trial camera out in the woods in april, checked it in late may and had plenty of bucks with antler growth. I come to check it last week and all i have is two does with sets of fawns. Is this common, or did the bucks just leave the area? I also have a 300 lb plus Black Bear also so i dont know if i can be too disapointed. I put pics of one of the bucks i was seeing april-may, a doe i see june through july, and a bear thats poking around a lot.
Attached Thumbnails Not Seeing Bucks Anymore-pict0146.jpg   Not Seeing Bucks Anymore-deer-pics-028.jpg   Not Seeing Bucks Anymore-pict0035.jpg  
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Typical Buck

Probably just moved to a different location for the summer. Any crop fields near by?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say they found a prefered food source elsewhere. Nice pics thanks for sharing.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I rarely get buck pictures in the summer. Come Sept-Oct, they're all over the place. Not sure where they go in the summer.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Changing food sources definately will make them change patterns.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Me either!!! I was getting some pics of two really nice ones but haven't seen them almost two weeks now.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned above: 1)preferred food sources. As the seasons change, so do food sources, food areas and types of food. 2)during hot weather deer or any other animals do not move around much, especially in day time and will remain where there is lots of shade and close to water. Not much movement in my area either due to days of high heat.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

With the drought here in the midwest they all moved to where the water is so maybe find a creek or something.
Just an idea
Old 07-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hate yet to see a buck on my camera this year.. All I get is some does, some bears, and some moose. I concider those moose to be an added gift.. Mostly for moose I have bulls going by and checking things out. I had cows there in the begining and now bulls.. I think that those bucks will be showing up at some point though. If for no other reason is because of the does..
Old 07-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Fork Horn

same here with the bucks all my sites past 3 to 4 weeks have had no bucks. the hot weather has alot to do with it here in massachusetts. ive noticed the fawns have started coming out like crazy now. i noticed yesterday to that theres alot of acorns down now, but of course its been so dry with not much rain here. so maybe the food source has changed to, if the nuts that are down now are any good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.