Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Is my Bushnell Trophy Cam broken? >

Is my Bushnell Trophy Cam broken?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Is my Bushnell Trophy Cam broken?

Old 07-21-2012, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is my Bushnell Trophy Cam broken?

Is it broken or is the flash just not engaged? If the flash needs turned on, how do I do it? Pic #2 in the link is an example of my night time photos and #1 is the same pic but edited to be brighter. Thanks.
http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/...CT0570_2_2.jpg
Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

1)Check your batteries with a digital meter. Any battery testing 1.0 to 1.2 volt and the camera will not function properly, or not at all. Even new batteries fresh out of the package may have a low or faulty one. 2)Try a different brand of card. I format mine in the computer first, then in the camera. My cards are used in various camera brands. 3)Make sure the SD card GB# is not too large for the camera. Trying to use an oversize (larger number than what the camera is designed for) the camera will not recognize it.
Card brands that work well in Bushnell cameras are: SanDisk, Verbatim, Adapta and Lexar. If an SD card is used in a digital camera, it must be formatted before using in a trail camera as something in the software or file system gets disrupted. Good luck.
Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Fork Horn

Ok well my daytime photos are good but something I realized today is that the time was off so that may have effected the camera by not flashing at night but I fixed the time and put the cams out today so we'll see how they work. I have 4 gb Lexar and PNY SD cards. You may be on to something about reformatting the SD card because my cards do get used in different devices, but how do you do that? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to me like the IR flash is not working.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah Jim that was something I considered to.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by THEMAKKER13
Ok well my daytime photos are good but something I realized today is that the time was off so that may have effected the camera by not flashing at night but I fixed the time and put the cams out today so we'll see how they work. I have 4 gb Lexar and PNY SD cards. You may be on to something about reformatting the SD card because my cards do get used in different devices, but how do you do that? Thanks for the help.
To Format in the computer:
Insert your unlocked card into your computer SD card slot. Before formatting, make sure you saved or downloaded whatever you wish to keep. Go to your start button on your computer screen. Clicking it will show a list named: Documents, Pictures, Computer etc. Right click on "Computer". Now select the drive the SD card is in. Right click and a list will show. Right click on "Format". This will open to a rectangle box. Click on "Start". A warning should come up giving you a second chance in case you missed saving or downloading something on the SD card. Click "OK" if you are satisfied. When the card is formatted click "OK" or "Finish". The card is now formatted and ready to use in any camera. Bushnell cameras allow you to format a card in them. Mine are all done in the computer first as I randomly use them in various camera brands.
You mentioned possibly having the time, date etc. set wrong. This does not effect your camera operation. All it does is imprint the wrong date, time etc. on your picture or video.
The suggestion PastorJim08 mentioned could also be the cause. Good luck.