Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Problem with the moultrie m-80 camera >

Problem with the moultrie m-80 camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Problem with the moultrie m-80 camera

Old 07-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Spike

Default Problem with the moultrie m-80 camera

there is a problem with my moultrie camera when ever i turn it on i get a message in the screen "card lock" i have looked through the internet and have found nothing that helped me i even reformatted the SD-Card (via going to cameras menu selecting delete all -> yes)
i dont know what to do
Old 07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would try a different card. Hope you get it worked out.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 07-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Fork Horn

That seems to be a common problem with Moultrie's. You can try blowing air into the SD card slot and cleaning the contacts on the card. I thought they had corrected the problem with the latest firmware on the newer cameras and it troubles me that you have this problem on a M-80 as I have seven of them out in the field. If you go to the Moultrie site, there should be a firmware update for the older M-80's. This is a link to a good camera site for more info: http://www.chasingame.com/forum/
Old 07-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Are you sure that the little slide button on the side of the card did not get pushed into the lock position?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

I think Sniggles is right. Its the slide on the card. I've done that myself and had to eliminate all sorts of ghost problems.

The another weird problem i had was swapping cards into cameras from different manufacturers. Both my m-80s didn't work the same week after both got new lithiums. Ultimately, I erased all the different file folders on the card (cuz each manufacturer makes a different kind of folder) and the m-80 just made a new one and all was good on both cams. Lol, you could start a whole topic just for cam problems..... not a bad idea actually

Last edited by timmyzimmy; 07-03-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

As mentioned, check the slide lock. I had this happen on a card that got used a lot. Inserting the card into either my computer or camera would push the slide into the lock position. When I found this out, I scrapped the card. Good luck.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Spike

no ive checked my card its not in the lock position, i have formated my sd card and i cant seem to figure out how to "update" my game camera this all started to happen right after ants got into my camera

Last edited by coyote61hunter; 08-18-2012 at 11:11 AM.