Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
New trail cam to try >

New trail cam to try

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New trail cam to try

Old 06-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default New trail cam to try

I am looking to buy 2 new trail cams. I have a 5mp wildgame innovations which takes good pictures but the trigger time is slow. I also have 2 spypoint tiny 8mp, which I do like but I want to try two new products. I don't want to spend more than $200 per camera. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the money I think the Moultrie M80s are hard to beat. Alot of features for the price and very good daytime pics.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

If your looking for a little more bang for you buck you could also try the moultrie I-35s. They have an internet special going right now where you you buy two for a little less then the price of one. its $149.99 for two. I got this and am very happy with my two cams. heres the link, and ill post a couple pictures from one of them. http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...x?id=mfrf90097

Old 06-15-2012, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
For the money I think the Moultrie M80s are hard to beat. Alot of features for the price and very good daytime pics.

PastorJim- great to hear you talking about the M80's. I've been interested in one since I heard that they did standard motion activated, timelapse, IR- and combinations! Have you used the combo before? Timelapse during the day and IR at night? Have any results posted? I'd love to see the quality of the timelapse. I have the Primos DPS and I like it pretty well (it has a smudge right in the middle of the screen that aggravates me) but I've wanted to try the M80 for a while now.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bscofield
PastorJim- great to hear you talking about the M80's. I've been interested in one since I heard that they did standard motion activated, timelapse, IR- and combinations! Have you used the combo before? Timelapse during the day and IR at night? Have any results posted? I'd love to see the quality of the timelapse. I have the Primos DPS and I like it pretty well (it has a smudge right in the middle of the screen that aggravates me) but I've wanted to try the M80 for a while now.
What I like about it is it has alot of features for the money in a great size. It's daytime pics and videos are very good. I have not tried it in the time lapse mode as I mostly use it for videos. I'm not sure about the newer M80 BLX or whatever it is but the M80 is a great little unit for the money.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

How loud are the moultrie's when they take a picture. The bears like to swat at my wildgame cam because of the noise it makes when it takes the pic. So far I never had a problem with my spypoints, there is almost noise with them.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by c-rad
How loud are the moultrie's when they take a picture. The bears like to swat at my wildgame cam because of the noise it makes when it takes the pic. So far I never had a problem with my spypoints, there is almost noise with them.
On the few tests I did in my backyard before I put it in the field, I noticed absolutely no noise.

Blessings........Pastorjim
Old 06-20-2012, 02:24 PM
Spike

I have never been a moultrie fan because of some previous bad experience with there warrantys quite a few years ago so have been building my own ever since.

But some of the better quality trail cams are the bushnells 8 mp hd max and from what I'm reading the primos is a pretty good and fast cam for there prices.

The bad part is there are to many to choose from and so many are not worth what there price is.

I'm a trail cam fanatic and read alot about them and build alot of them so for a production cam anything for 100. or under is basically junk, you get what you pay for.
in the 200.00 range the primos is a good cam with lots of options. but thats just my 2 cents...

heres a good selection to go through - http://justhuntandfish.com/category/trail-cameras/
Old 06-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned 3 different Moultries, decent cameras but their customer service is by far the worst in the business, they back nothing! My opinion, buy something else that will let you return your product or fix the problem before you shell out a couple hundred bucks only to be told it will cost you the price of the camera to fix it.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

another cam to look at is the little acorn 5210a. It runs close to $200 but it is my favorite cam for the money. It gets great reviews, great battery life, fast trigger and really great pics. Scoot