Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
12 AA batteries vs 6 volt sla 13 ah battery?? >

12 AA batteries vs 6 volt sla 13 ah battery??

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

12 AA batteries vs 6 volt sla 13 ah battery??

Old 05-13-2012, 12:36 PM
Spike

Default 12 AA batteries vs 6 volt sla 13 ah battery??

i just purchased a uway um 562 trail cam that sends pix to my cell phone. It states that it will send 800 pictures with 12 AA before goin dead. Can anyone tell me how this translates as to how many pictures i can get with the powersonic ps6120 th 6 volt 13ah battery?? thanks
Old 05-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

stockcarkid3: Here are a few suggestions: 1) for a camera using that many AA batteries I would go to rechargeable as they will pay for themselves pretty quick. Once any one battery drops to 1.0 to 1.2 volt, cameras will not function properly or not at all. 2)a handy item is a digital meter for testing batteries. Even new batteries fresh out of the package can have a low or faulty one. 3)if recharging the rechargeable batteries, some will take longer to recharge than others in the same charger section, but the charger light may show fully chargered. When recharging, I try to pair batteries up that read approximately the same voltage. 4)the same goes for the 6 volt battery you mentioned, I wouldn't let it go below 4.5 to 5 volt, especially if it is rechargeable. Some batteries if discharged too low will not come back to the full recharge.