Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Stealth cam pics some strange! >

Stealth cam pics some strange!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Stealth cam pics some strange!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Stealth cam pics some strange!

Ok guys/girls whatever the case maybe.. I need some help on the first 3 pics you are looking at! What the heck is this thing???? If I was to believe in bigfoot I would prolly guess that. At first I thought it was an owl but it can't be.. Anyways I need some help on this one!!! First pic shows long hair so that is why it is no way an owl..

Now it is looking in the trailcam..

now moving away from it.. The next picture of this was mostly white out so no need to post that one.. But please help me figure this thing out!!!

now back to some normal pics..

another piebald maybe?

And one for all the mothers on mothers day..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-07-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like an elk, or whitetail.
JMHO
Old 05-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

We are not suposed to have elk up this way so maybe a whitetail I have never had one come up that close before that I know of..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna go with moose.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 05-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, you folks are prolly right on this being nothing more than a deer or moose. I just have never seen them in the eye sort of to speak.. I currently have a few deer showing up on it now pretty steadily. Which is pretty decent up here where our deer numbers average between 1 or 2 per square mile. No antlered deer yet but I am sure thay be showing up in time. So now a new question.. How often should I refresh that Lucky Buck mineral? I also realize I need to lower my trailcam next time I am in there again.
The does here have or should be dropping thier fawns right now. So this mineral should be of a great help to them.. I hope..Here is a few more normal pics..

Thanks for the help and thanks for looking..I did have another moose pic I think after it triggered my trailcam and only left 1 pic of what looks like his nostril. I will post more once I get some decent pics of bucks or antlered moose coming in. Maybe of a fawn or 2 when they start showing up.

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-07-2012 at 04:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Moose and deer (especially bucks) can be very inquizitive in regards to a trail camera. Some of the happenings, the cameras have been out for a couple of weeks to a month in rain, due, wind or snow. The scent has had lots of time to disperse. It usually gone within a short while. In my opinion, the animals realize there is something different and want to check it out. Others seem to panic and leave, while others couldn't care. Sometimes I feel they pick up some electrical signal causing an investigation.
You have some nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

very nice pictures, keep them coming!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Inactive

Good pics Phil. In the first series, I would have to say a deer. Moose would have darker couloured hair.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Moose - based on the first eye photo as the way the ear is there and the eye that bulges......as far as hair color do remember there is a flash which will lighten dark hair.....so curious moose....my final answer

JW
Old 05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I am thinking moose too. Now that I have everyone's input. That first pic of the eye i was thinking it was on the other eye so where the ear starts I was not sure what I was looking at.

Thanks for all the input guys.

Also this is an IR camera so it changes how the pics are colored based on the light settings. Just at or around sun set the pics are completely different why it trys to figure day from night..

Also thanks for the help earlier when picking my location. As you can see I have set it up right beside a game trail that is used pretty good and should be getting better as the green growth grows in..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-08-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.