Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
scoutguard SG550 please help >

scoutguard SG550 please help

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

scoutguard SG550 please help

Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 AM
Spike

Default scoutguard SG550 please help

last year bought 7different cameras 3 of them were scoutguard SG550 every one of the scoutguard SG 550 did not proform to standerd each one only took 2 pics thats it then shut off they were set out for 3 months at a time in hi traffic airas i know there were more than 2 deer in front of them i dont think i got 3 bad camras what are the odds of that witch leads me to beleave its user error does any one have any of these cameras or have any clue to what i might be doing wrong?

on the other hand like i said i bought 7 differnt brands and if any one is looking for a good starter camera i loved my wildviews i thought they were ganna be crap cameras cause of the price i got them for and the just the look of them made me question of how good they were and they blew me away i will never buy another camera they out proformed cams that were 3 and 4 times there price the modle was a ir extreme 2
Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

lips 101: I had access to 14 of the early version WildView Ez Cam. 4 were returned for warranty. These cameras took excellent daytime pictures but were very hard on batteries. These cameras were limited to: size of SD card and picture only as video hadn't came out. To over come the battery issue, I went to 12 volt 300 series Energizer using the 12 volt external port. This made for a costly, cumbersome venture. Since video came out, I sold all of these cameras. My interest now is video because it adds to the realism of trail cameras and one can see how various animals react, which you miss with just picture.
All my better videos are saved to computer. In the winter I select the better ones, crop them, put them on DVD and add music etc. One can do the same using pictures and turn them into a slide show.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 AM
Spike

im having good success with mine saying that mine are newer have video and are IR mean wile my real question is how do i get the scoutguard SG550 to even work.thats is the $300 camera that the wildview is out proforming