Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cuddeback Camera keeps breaking, Dont buy!! >

Cuddeback Camera keeps breaking, Dont buy!!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Camera keeps breaking, Dont buy!!

Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Spike

Exclamation Cuddeback Camera keeps breaking, Dont buy!!

Just want the sportsmen and women to know how Cuddeback Camera has treated me. I first spent $350.00 dollars to buy my first trail camera, a Cuddeback Camera. Well i thought it was the greatest thing ever, couldnt wait to see what i had captured on my cam each and every time. Well then i started having problems with it, of course it was past the warranty period. It would take pics and not save them to the cards. I did everything to fix it and i had to end up sending it back to Cuddeback for repairs, no biggie, it happens, right? Well after sending them $85.00 more dollars to get it fixed, they returned it and it did work, for awhile! I had it out in the field and according to my pics stored on my computer i got about 5 months use out of it. We dont keep them out here in michigan in the winter. So now that its spring time, time to put our cams back out and guess what? Its doing the exact same thing!! Now Ive contacted Cuddeback Cameras Business and i was told if i send them another $100.00 they will exchange it for a new upgraded camera. I asked to speak with the manager and after waiting all day he finally called me and told me they didnt know when i had my camera fixed cause their system was upgrade last June. He told me there was nothing he could do for me if i chose not to give them more money and upgrade. I asked him why i should eat the $100.00 and not the company, and he said simply my camera was out of warranty and he wouldnt do anything more for me if i didnt want to upgrade. Now im wondering, if i upgrade, how long do you think this camera will last before breaking as the last 2 have done? I told him about Buck Knives Company, how they replaced the blade in my knife and sent it back to me free of charge cause i snapped the tip of trying to split the pelvis of a deer. They sent me a new 1, free of charge!. And then I told him of my Leopold Rangefinder, that just last year it quit working, i think it was 3-4 yrs old, and Leopold sent me a brand new rangefinder in the box, Free of charge!! But my Lousy Cuddeback wont even last a year, SO WHEN YOU BUY A CUDDEBACK CAMERA, YOUR REALLY ARE JUST RENTING IT AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED! TAKE CARE OF THE COMPANYS THAT TAKE CARE OF US, THE SPORTSMEN AND WOMEN OF AMERICA! IVE GOT $430.00 INTO A CAMERA THAT DOESNT EVEN WORK AND THEY JUST WANT ME TO SEND THEM MORE MONEY, WOULD YOU?
Old 04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

All I can say is Stealth isnt much better!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The type of service you got from Cuddeback is typical of what I hear about them all the time. It's time stop the bleeding. Don't send them anymore money. Here's the type of service I recently got from Bushnell. I posted on another forum about a problem my Bushnell was having. I received a PM from a member stating he was with Bushnell. He said he would check into my problem and get back with me. A couple of days later he sent me an email stating that Bushnell was going to replace my camera with a brand new upgraded edition, my camera was two years old. Within five days I received a brand new camera that had more features than the old one, and all of this at no cost. Now that's customer service. Hope things work out for you.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Pastor Jim. Bite the bullet so to speak and dump that camera. Moultrie and Bushnell have given excellent service with any emails I sent requesting information. Also Bushnell offers a two year manufactures warrenty. I have three Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR, 2ea. Moultrie M100 and 7ea. of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail Cameras. The Moultrie M100 runs a very close second to Bushnell except for: Moultrie cameras, when set to video, takes a picture first then the video (no real problem other than sometimes missing what was in the picture not being in the video). Moultrie night video is limited to 10 seconds. Audio on cameras, unless set up over bait is virtually useless. Very sensitive to wind noise. Over all these cameras have given excellent service. Very good reviews on the Moultrie M80, but none were available at the dealer, this is why I purchased the M100.
I have one Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR trail camera detecting vehicle, machinery movement in day time only out to 150 yards. The distance was double checked each way with a 500 yard Bushnell rainge finder.