HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Wildgame Innovations Pulse 10 versus Bushnell Trophy Cam (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/359649-wildgame-innovations-pulse-10-versus-bushnell-trophy-cam.html)

kpatte26 03-04-2012 05:15 PM

Wildgame Innovations Pulse 10 versus Bushnell Trophy Cam

I am currently looking for a couple of new trail cams and have narrowed it down to two different cameras. Would like a little feed back from others with the cameras...
I have done research on trailcampro.com as well as looking at Cabelas, Gander Mountain, and Dicks to see the feedback there but would like a little more!
The following cameras are what I am considering purchasing... What does everyone have to say?

My first camera choice is the Bushnell Trophy Cam - Model 11-9436c

My second camera choice is the WildGame Innovations Pulse 10

littlearrow 03-04-2012 05:52 PM

kpatte26: lots of reviews on Amazon.com. This camera is the 2011 model. I have 7 of the 2009 Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. They have given excellent service. Bushnell offers a 2 year manufacture warranty. There customer service has been excellent when requesting information by email. The camera you mention has 32 LED whereas mine have 24. Battery life has been good as I use mine for security and along trails. In my area I am not permitted to use baits, unless bear hunting. Setting up over baits in a busy area will result in lots more pictures or video if set for that, reducing battery life. All my cameras are using rechargeable batteries. If you are in a cold, winter area, several members recommend using Lithium batteries. 8X Lithium fresh out of the package will show 1.79 to 1.83 volt testing with a digital meter. Any battery, once it gets down to 1.0 to 1.2 volt will not operate a camera properly, or not at all. I recommend testing the batteries fresh out of the package and randomly checking them when swapping out the SD card.
Another camera worth checking out is the Moultrie GameSpy M80 or M100. The M100 is a higher version of the M80. Moultrie cameras, when set to video, take a picture first then the video. Field of view is narrower in the video than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it downloads. The night video is limited to 10 second. Moultrie said extending night video would be harder on batteries. Moultrie offers a one year manufactures warranty. I have two of the M100 and have had excellent service with them. Again excellent service from Moultrie when requesting information by email.
Looking at some of the pictures and videos submitted by forum members will help as well. Good luck in your choice.

MUZZY 100 03-05-2012 11:22 AM

I have 2-wild game inovation IR 6 and two moltrie-m80's running and like them both.Dont buy your cams from the big stores very high priced.I have bought all mine off ebay brand new for around $100 delivered.The one cuddeback has been going for 8 years now with no problems...just my2 cents !!

littlearrow 03-05-2012 02:30 PM

Lots of good buys on EBay but unless they are a dealer authorized by the manufacture, there is no warranty. If you are outside of the U.S.A. check your shipping fees. Some sales are cheap on EBay, then add shipping fees, brokerage fees and taxes. Not all EBay sellers do this, but there are some on there that over charge on shipping fees. Another thing to check: is insurance and tracking number availablility.

BearCaller 03-06-2012 12:35 PM

In my opinion, I would go with the Pulse camera because of the WIFI technology. I had no success with the cameras in the beginning when they first came out but after the season finished, I got a replacement camera and module and now they work great.

Pulse 10 Camera

Ky Bob 03-16-2012 04:56 PM

All kinds of info on chasingame.com
Personally I'd stay away from WGI cams.

leadoperator 03-16-2012 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ky Bob (Post 3921764)

Now thats good info!

PastorJim08 03-17-2012 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ky Bob (Post 3921764)

Originally Posted by leadoperator (Post 3921790)
Now thats good info!

I agree with these guys. Also, I'd be very careful about ordering a cam from Ebay for the reasons stated. Stick with a reputable seller like Trailcampro.com.

Blessings......Pastorjim

c-rad 03-17-2012 02:23 PM

The wildgame innovations cam I have takes good pics day and night. Every once in a while I get a fuzzy pic at night. My biggest problem with it is the noise it makes when it takes a pic and it has a slow reaction time. I hung my spypoint on the same tree as it and the spypoint took 6 more pictures than my wildgame innovations.