HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   2011 Trophy cam problems... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/352141-2011-trophy-cam-problems.html)

supaflav 10-24-2011 07:16 PM

2011 Trophy cam problems...

Anybody else here having problems with the new Bushnell trophy cam? The daytime videos are grainy and distorted on mine.

littlearrow 10-25-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by supaflav (Post 3865983)
Anybody else here having problems with the new Bushnell trophy cam? The daytime videos are grainy and distorted on mine.

Check your batteries with a digital meter. If anyone or all get down to 1.0 to 1.2 volt cameras may not function properly. Even new batteries fresh out of the package could have a low or faulty battery. I do not rely on the battery bar or percentage for this reason. I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. The lower section of 4 must have the good batteries if only replacing four. Each section of four (lower 4 is wired in series), (upper 4 is wired in series). Now both sections are wired in parrallal to maintain 6 volt. For some odd reason, the lower section has the power drawn off it quicker. Other than this, these cameras have been excellent. Mine are all set for video.
Another option is try a different brand of SD card. I format mine in the computer, then again in the camera. I use these cards in various camera brands. Cards that I have used in Bushnell are: Adapta, Verbatim and SanDisk. Kodak will work, but not as good so I refrain from using it.
If the problem persists, Bushnell has a two year warranty.

supaflav 11-03-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by littlearrow (Post 3866154)
Check your batteries with a digital meter. If anyone or all get down to 1.0 to 1.2 volt cameras may not function properly. Even new batteries fresh out of the package could have a low or faulty battery. I do not rely on the battery bar or percentage for this reason. I have 7 of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail cameras. The lower section of 4 must have the good batteries if only replacing four. Each section of four (lower 4 is wired in series), (upper 4 is wired in series). Now both sections are wired in parrallal to maintain 6 volt. For some odd reason, the lower section has the power drawn off it quicker. Other than this, these cameras have been excellent. Mine are all set for video.
Another option is try a different brand of SD card. I format mine in the computer, then again in the camera. I use these cards in various camera brands. Cards that I have used in Bushnell are: Adapta, Verbatim and SanDisk. Kodak will work, but not as good so I refrain from using it.
If the problem persists, Bushnell has a two year warranty.

I only have this problem with my 2011. My 2010's work fine. My cousin got one at the same time I did and he's the one that brought this problem to my attention. He checked his camera after a few days and asked me if my daytime videos were bad. I checked mine the next day and sure enough, they were bad.

littlearrow 11-03-2011 06:23 PM

supaflav: Here is another idea: if you haven't done this, email Bushnell, stating the problem and see if they have a software update to correct the problem. They may even suggest sending the camera in. On the bright side, they offer a two year warranty.