Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Before I throw it away... >

Before I throw it away...

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Before I throw it away...

Old 09-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Before I throw it away...

My first camera, a Stealth Cam DIGRC-XV, has crapped out here lately. Everything seems to be working when I set it up. When you walk past to test the flash fires off but no pic is saved. Although, when hooked up to my laptop I can make it take pics and they are saved.

Customer service had me take out the batteries, turn it on for a few minutes, and then reinstall batteries and turn back on. This did not work.

Any suggestions before I throw this antique out?
Old 09-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

wallhangr: Here are a couple of things to try if you haven't already: 1)Test your batteries with a digital meter. All one needs is one battery to get down around the 1.0 to 1.2 volt range and the camera will act up. Batteries may be new in the package, but one could still be faulty. 2)Try a different brand of SD card and make sure it isn't a SDHC or larger GB than the camera can read. Suppose your camera is rated for a 2GB card and you install a 4 GB. The camera will not be able to read it. 3)Ask customer service what it would cost to have the camera checked out. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by littlearrow
wallhangr: Here are a couple of things to try if you haven't already: 1)Test your batteries with a digital meter. All one needs is one battery to get down around the 1.0 to 1.2 volt range and the camera will act up. Batteries may be new in the package, but one could still be faulty. 2)Try a different brand of SD card and make sure it isn't a SDHC or larger GB than the camera can read. Suppose your camera is rated for a 2GB card and you install a 4 GB. The camera will not be able to read it. 3)Ask customer service what it would cost to have the camera checked out. Good luck.
Thanks for the suggestions - may have to try yet another set of new batteries. I'm not using a card in this one, just the internal memory.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd try brand new name brand batteries (duracell or energizer) and a name brand sd card (Sandisk or Kingston).
Doesn't sound like the cam has any problems but the consumables that you're putting in it.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately try it with a good card before you throw it out.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 09-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

+1 for a new card! Same thing happened to me not too long ago, somehow a little piece of the plastic on my old one broke...It took pictures, but like you said, they didn't save. It's amazing how one little piece of plastic screwed me up for 2 weeks
Old 09-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wallhangr
My first camera, a Stealth Cam DIGRC-XV, has crapped out here lately. Everything seems to be working when I set it up. When you walk past to test the flash fires off but no pic is saved. Although, when hooked up to my laptop I can make it take pics and they are saved.

Customer service had me take out the batteries, turn it on for a few minutes, and then reinstall batteries and turn back on. This did not work.

Any suggestions before I throw this antique out?
Yes use it to pattern your turkey gun with.
Then go to wally world and buy a $50.00 Tasco 3.0
For around $75.00 to $85.00 you get the camera, two 4 Gig SD Cards and batteries.
Thats what I have, and I love it.
Here are some examples.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never used a card in the camera, just using the internal memory. Played with it again last night and it now appears I have 22 images saved on the internal memory. However, the only 2 that come up to view are the 2 I took while it was hooked up to my laptop.

Using it to dial in sights is sounding like the best option.....
Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still don't understand why you're asking for help but won't take any of the advice given and try new namebrand batteries and a namebrand sd card
I'm sure it's a memory problem and sd cards are cheap.
I just posted a link for 4gb Kingston cards last week for $6.95 a piece /free shipping.
I own 12 cards for my various cams and over time, some go bad. I buy new ones and go on with my life.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

pnut - just could not figure out why I could see the pics taken while it was hooked up to the laptop and not see the rest of pics that were stored in the internal memory. I have tried 3 different sets of batteries though. When I get the chance, I'll pick up a card to see if that makes a difference.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.