HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   2011 Trail Cam Pics SHOCKER! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/349604-2011-trail-cam-pics-shocker.html)

itsslow98 09-11-2011 07:11 PM

2011 Trail Cam Pics SHOCKER!

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures off a very small property I hunt. I saw a ton of does last year and a few spikes. I put 50lbs of corn out last week and a week later it was GONE and these are the pics I got. I was literally speechless when I pulled the card. I had 250 pictures in a week and only 15 didnt have a deer in them. Im using a Wildgame X6C and I love it.

itsslow98 09-11-2011 07:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
And a few more.

Sport4 09-11-2011 07:21 PM

Damn son! Those are some great bucks! Good luck.

Master Chief 09-11-2011 07:23 PM

Wow.. all I can say is you should have no problem filling you tags this year. That 5x5 with a split G2 seems like he likes that area so Im expecting a thread later on with a pic of him dead ;)

itsslow98 09-11-2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 3846297)
Wow.. all I can say is you should have no problem filling you tags this year. That 5x5 with a split G2 seems like he likes that area so Im expecting a thread later on with a pic of him dead ;)

Ill be working on that hard. Im still in shock cause i had a camera out all last season and never got more then a spike. My biggest deer of my life was a spike last year so lets just say any of those bucks would be a high bar to set. Ive never even seen a buck close to those while hunting the past two years(when I first started) so just seeing these in person would be trophy enough for me.

Do they look like they are still in velvet to you? I said no cause the points look pronounced not rounded like the velvet ones ive seen. Also Im guessing the 5x5 is around 125 inch deer? Not a clue and not a care in the world just asking for discussion really.

Jeffro_17 09-11-2011 07:42 PM

Those are some great bucks! Good Luck with them this year........

Master Chief 09-11-2011 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by itsslow98 (Post 3846302)
Ill be working on that hard. Im still in shock cause i had a camera out all last season and never got more then a spike. My biggest deer of my life was a spike last year so lets just say any of those bucks would be a high bar to set. Ive never even seen a buck close to those while hunting the past two years(when I first started) so just seeing these in person would be trophy enough for me.

Do they look like they are still in velvet to you? I said no cause the points look pronounced not rounded like the velvet ones ive seen. Also Im guessing the 5x5 is around 125 inch deer? Not a clue and not a care in the world just asking for discussion really.

That buck isn't quite close to 125... he's wayyy bigger. I'm bad at scoring but Id say about high 150's to 170 is what people will tell you.

Sport4 09-11-2011 07:50 PM

Yes, they are all still in velvet in those pictures. Also, you will be pleasantly surprised if you end up harvesting that big 10 pointer and score it. It far exceeds 125"s. 150's easy. 160's? Probably. Tough saying. Stud!

Jeffro_17 09-11-2011 08:00 PM

Yeah, I'm with the WAY over 125" group. He's a monster!

itsslow98 09-11-2011 08:45 PM

Just goes to show im not a trophy hunter lol. Like I said just knowing he is in the area makes me happy, seeing him even if its 100 yards away would make me even happier, getting the opportunity to put a shot on him would most likely lead to me putting my safety harness to the test when I pass out after the shot and fall out of the stand lol. Thanks for the input guys. Good luck this season.