Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Are these shooters? >

Are these shooters?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Are these shooters?

Old 08-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are these shooters?

I have been bowhunting for 4 years and this will be my 5th. I've gotten much more serious about it within the last couple years. I have killed many does but just 2 bucks. A 4 pointer and a basket rack 8. So do you guys think these are shooters? Any input would be nice. Thanks !
Attached Thumbnails Are these shooters?-buck2.jpg   Are these shooters?-buck1.jpg   Are these shooters?-housebuck.jpg  
Old 08-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have to make that decision for yourself, but I will tell you that if any one of them walked in front of my stand, they are going home in the back of my truck.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Decide what is a trophy for you and what your goals are. Then if any of those bucks meet your criteria then they are shooters. The main thing is, have fun.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 08-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

If they would get you excited to see coming through the woods and get a shot at them, then you should consider them shooters. If you wont be real happy shooting one of them then dont, let yourself decide if you should shoot them.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Spike

Based on my criteria I would consider the bucks in pics 1 and 2 shooters and I would let buck #3 walk. That criteria could vary depending on location, genetics in the area and hunting pressure.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, that's totally up to you. If you don't have neighbors who'll shoot them, I'd wait until they mature, cause I may be wrong but they don't appear to be mature.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Spike

If I'm not going to be happy putting the rack up ion the wall, then I'll hold out. If a wall hanger doesn't come in I'll shoot a nice size doe for the meat and hope for a nice one next year. Too many people shoot a small immature buck just so they can say they got a buck.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

In Indiana you obviously have MUCH larger bucks around. BUUUUT don't let someone tell YOU what a trophy is! A trophy deer is no different than a trophy wife, the man that's pulling the trigger on either is the only one that can say what appeals to him.

They are 2yr olds but hey if you've never shot one,
HL
Old 09-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

This question always kills me, but based on what you have broke down as your experiences they look like shooters. Everyone needs to deciude what a "trophy" would be to them. Those are all nice looking bucks.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

if you think it is then stick'em if not pass them. thats like me and my buddy if i showed him a picture of say a 150 inch ten pointer and asked him if that was a shooter he would say no. if you ask me a i say yes with no question in my mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.