Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Primos Truth Cam 46 >

Primos Truth Cam 46

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Primos Truth Cam 46

Old 08-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Spike

Default Primos Truth Cam 46

I received a Primos Truth Cam 46 as a Christmas present last year. I recently opened it up and put it out for two weeks. I had only one picture after two weeks and there was nothin in the picture. I thought the trigger speed was too slow when I tried triggering it myself after I set it up the first time. Anyways I assumed the batteries had died so I picked up some new ones and went back into the field to put it up and it wouldn't turn on. So I believe I got a dud or just plain junk. Should've been a better quality product for $149. Hope to hear from other experiences with this camera. I'm returning it tomorrow for an exchange, but I'm going with a different type of camera this time.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

I have had good luck with mine. I have had 5,000+ pictures taken on it since last August. I prefer the cheaper Truth Cam 35 over the 46. It is more simple to set up and takes very comparible pictures to the 46.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd definately send it back.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 08-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SouthernSportsman22
I received a Primos Truth Cam 46 as a Christmas present last year. I recently opened it up and put it out for two weeks. I had only one picture after two weeks and there was nothin in the picture. I thought the trigger speed was too slow when I tried triggering it myself after I set it up the first time. Anyways I assumed the batteries had died so I picked up some new ones and went back into the field to put it up and it wouldn't turn on. So I believe I got a dud or just plain junk. Should've been a better quality product for $149. Hope to hear from other experiences with this camera. I'm returning it tomorrow for an exchange, but I'm going with a different type of camera this time.
Get a Tasco 3.0 from Wally World for $50.00 and two sd cards.
Thats what I have, see for your self.
It takes 4 C Cell batteries.
The camera + 2 SD Cards + 4 batteries for around $80.00 for the whole thing.
And money left over for ammo, or other hunting stuff.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

i know the feeling. have a primos truth 46 started of taking hundreds of pictures with deer in them. excellent pictures. then one day it just quit. will not power on, if it does power up it just shuts itself off in like 5 minutes.. returned it and got a new primos 46 just two days ago.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Spike

Go on the Primos website and e-mail customer service. I had the same thing happen with 2 of my 35's and Primos customer service was great. I sent the cams back and they quickly replaced both of them.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Spike

I returned the camera to Academy Sports where it was purchased and after looking at other cameras decided to give it one more try. After the first week I had 85 pictures with the new camera. It seems to working just fine, I just hope it continues. Great picture quality! Thanks for the replies.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

I read that the 46 has the most bugs out of all the Primos cameras.

I have a truthcam60 model, and have well over 10,000 pictures total since last Christmas. It has probably spent over 20 weeks total in the woods, including freezing weather and snow, without an issue. The trigger speed is fast enough to pickup foxes on a dead sprint and birds in mid air.