Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.
View Poll Results: Who makes the best all around trail camera?
Cuddyback
20.00%
Moultrie
24.44%
Primos
11.11%
Bushnell
11.11%
Wildgame Innovations
6.67%
Wildview
0%
Tasco
2.22%
Stealthcam
0%
Other- please specify
24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Game Cam Review

Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Spike

I vote for Bushenll black LED model.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Recently bought a wildgame innovations d8, I'm very impressed!

I've had 35mm cameras back in the day, cuddeback no flash, which I think cost 300 or 400 new when it first came out, recently bit the dust, but my most recent wildgame innovations camera, batteries are lasting forever! I can't believe it, but they are, it's simple to set, no manual needed. SD memory card. They just came out with a new smaller version, I'll probably get a 2nd one, ie the newer version at some point.

I'm done spending over $150/200 on a game camera.

IR/no flash didn't impress me, I swear they can see that flash, so might as well save the $$ if you can and just get a flash camera style. Less you're really buying a IR to avoid thieves from getting flashed...

Cuddeback may have a quick sensor, but I'm not impressed for that kind of cash, you would think engineers would test/design these things, poor mounts, poor settings/difficult to set without a phd/manual, maybe they've improved things since the no flash, but too bad I'm done with them.

I'm sure others make quality cameras for around $100 or 150 as well.

Look for flash/sensor range btw when buying.

Btw recently called cuddeback about my NO FLASH not working anymore, they no longer service them, so now I have a 400 paperweight, they did offer me a discount on their new model which amounted to almost no savings, probably could have paid the same amount if I shopped online for a deal. And their new line has a 5MP camera I believe?

That wildgame innovations old model was an 8MP model, I'd strongly suggest checking out their new lineup...They have models for less than 100, around 100, and 140 I think, depending on the megapixels, and they're much smaller now, but honestly I could care less how big/small a game camera is as long as it works, I mean it's going on a tree.

Last edited by salukipv1; 08-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

I voted Tasco, its made by Bushnell.
Here are some pictures, and videos it takes.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 bushnells cams, 2 moultrie cams, 2 wild game cams, and one primos cam. The bushnells and moultrie's are good cams. Battery life is good, but I think the clearer picture belongs to the moutrie. My wild game cams dont even work any more. The primos I bought at a pawn shop for 40 bucks seems to be the best that I have. It takes very clear pics and the battery life is very good.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone for voting and explaining. I was considering the Primos Truth cams. Had many Moultries and yes pic quality is good and battery life is good but they just haven't held up for me and their Customer Service is a nightmare if you want to get an actual person on the phone or a response to an email.