HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   Moultrie I40 (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/348005-moultrie-i40.html)

Hoosier_Slayer 08-10-2011 06:44 PM

Moultrie I40

I have a moultrie I40 digital game camera that has took a turn for the worse. I havent used this camera much, and of course its out of warranty already. I set it out 2 weeks ago and everything was fine, but when I went out tonight to pick it up, I noticed the display screen was all messed up. It will still take a picture, but I cannot make out anything it has to say on the display screen. Has anyone ever had this problem and what is the best way to go about fixing this problem?

littlearrow 08-10-2011 07:05 PM

Hoosier Slayer: Check the batteries with a digital meter. If any of them show around the 1.0 volt area, cameras will not operate properly. Not all batteries drop to the same voltage level. This is why I do not rely on the battery indicator bar or percentage. In the Moultrie cameras, if using an Energizer rechargeable battery, fully charged, the camera will only show approximately 75%. Energizer on the package shows 1.2 volt. Testing will show 1.2 to 1.28 volt. Put these batteries in a charger, they can be boosted up to 1.38 to 1.44 volt. I think Moultrie software only recognizes the 1.5 volt or higher reading to show 100% when the batteries are new. Good luck.

J Pike 08-10-2011 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Slayer (Post 3833302)
I have a moultrie I40 digital game camera that has took a turn for the worse. I havent used this camera much, and of course its out of warranty already. I set it out 2 weeks ago and everything was fine, but when I went out tonight to pick it up, I noticed the display screen was all messed up. It will still take a picture, but I cannot make out anything it has to say on the display screen. Has anyone ever had this problem and what is the best way to go about fixing this problem?

The moultrie I-40 and I-60 are great cams, but there only negative thing about them is that their display screen goes bad.
I own two I-40's and love them, both of them were used & refurbished cams and I bet the reason they were sent back to Moultrie was because their display screen went bad. I do see people selling the display modules on ebay every once in a while. Pike

PastorJim08 08-11-2011 01:42 AM

Moultrie used to send you a replacement screen for free if you contacted them. I don't know if they are still doing that, you might give them a call.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

marquismarc 08-11-2011 04:36 AM

both of my I-40's have that same problem (even with brand new batteries), it sometimes will come on if you smack the side of the case repeatedly, but I am sure that is great for the camera.

Hoosier_Slayer 08-11-2011 12:43 PM

I have purchased 2 new packs of batteries and tried those new ones in it and it still does the same thing. I have tried to call moutrie all day today but of course everytime i call I am like the 20th something person in line. I had a camera that went bad a few years ago and tried calling them and calling them and never did get through. Seems like its a pain to get in touch with them. But oh well, I will try to look on e-bay for a replacement display. If you all run accross anything, keep me informed.
Thanks for you help!

leadoperator 08-11-2011 05:41 PM

There is hope! this post is old but has been updated as of yesterday. http://www.chasingame.com/forum/view...hp?f=9&t=14720

pnut 08-12-2011 05:46 AM

Moultrie cams and CS suck. I went through the same thing as you a couple yrs ago.
I sold the cam, stopped buying Moultrie and never looked back.

Hoosier_Slayer 08-15-2011 01:58 PM

Yeah I'm done with Moultrie as well. No one should have to deal with their awful customer service. I tried calling 3 times last week and nothing. Then another day i sat on the line for 40 minutes and still nothing. That is just downright awful and I will never ever buy another moultrie pos. Thanks for your help guys!!

Boogeyman24 08-16-2011 07:03 PM

This happened to my i40 before last summer, but the camera still takes pictures fine. During the summer suddenly the screen worked fine again, so the battery thing makes sense to me. Best of luck with whatever you happen to do...