Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
buck movement at a minimum and coyotes >

buck movement at a minimum and coyotes

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

buck movement at a minimum and coyotes

Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default buck movement at a minimum and coyotes

any body else having trouble finding the bucks??? we had a camera out at usually one of our hottest spots for three weeks and when we went to get them it had taken 700 pictures of nuthing but does and fawns! very frustrating.... we pulled 3 cards from cameras that day for over 1200 pics and only had one buckk on camera.. he only passed through one time too. I guess the temps have them hunkered down???
Also i got about 300 pics of a pack of coyotes around 1 of my cameras eating the apples i had thrown out... could this mean that there is a den nearby or were they just passin through and found an easy meal??? just curious?
Old 08-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your preaching to the choir!! This time of year the bucks just dont move that far,(atleast in my experience) because they have food everywhere, they just dont need to move that far to eat and of course the heat. You pretty much got to set you cams right on top of them or your not going to get pics of them. Im checking my cams again in 2 weeks and not expecting too much from them, but Im very excited to check them during the first couple days of bow season (Sept. 24th in OH.) It seems like sometime around the last week of August, first couple days of Sept. the bucks start to move alot more.
If you have a pack of yotes that means that there is a den nearby. Not a big deal though yotes have a far worse rep. then they deserve unless you live in a region that has 2+ feet of snow on the ground from Dec-April. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-08-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

I've yet to capture any bucks on cam.

Moved my sets yesterday to beanfield edges.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

I have been gettin bucks all summer I guess I have been lucky. I have been using trace minerals in the bag, cost is 7.00 versus the price you pay for anything with a picture of a buck on it. I also worked on a survey we just got done with and I have alot of bucks. Sorry, about that. I have cams on the creek bottoms mainly. It is cooler and I have had luck. I will attach a few and post more later in the cam forum. keep at it and think where you would like to be if you were in this heat they are there. One buck I have pictures of that I can positive ID is on 4 different cams about 1.5 miles apart. But mostly near the creeks.

Old 08-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

I've had mine out for a month and only had 2 bucks on it so far.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cam fan No need to be sorry for getting alot of bucks on cam!! I have gotten alot aswell 16 different bucks on just one cam, (just not what I will be getting once they start to move around a little) but cams just 200 yards away have a completely different set of bucks and the cam 300 yards from that has a completely different set of bucks from the other 2. But in another couple weeks/ month I will be getting pics of bucks on new cams that I previously was only getting pics of them a mile + away. I Also I prefer to use the 50 lb. generic blocks/bags aswell.Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 08-08-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Ive been putting my cams in creek bottoms on my mineral licks i had made too haha... the does have loved it haa just no bucks, but i know they r there, just a matter of time i guess... just sucks cause im headin back to college in two weeks and wont be around to see the pics like i want ha...
Cam fan, looks a lot like you may be from down south judging by your pics ha those pine plantations are a signature of them good ol' alabama woods
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

They'll come back eventually, just keep at it.

Blessings.......Pastorjim
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if the bucks around here are starting to eat acorns? Do they chew on the green ones?
Old 08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, my bucks have all wandered off someplace else too. They should come back at some point tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.