HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   The scent is working. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/347729-scent-working.html)

WIbuckchaser 08-05-2011 12:55 PM

The scent is working.

My neighbor gave me permission to put a trail cam up and hunt his 80. Needless to say I am excited. I put out some buck preorbital scent on an active licking branch I found on the edge of the hay field and some doe interdigital scent under the branch.

I wouldn't mind getting a shot at this one.

This guy is quite a roamer. I got pics of him in three different places. I call him Slice because of the big slice on his ear.

Hopefully I keep getting pics from deer like the one on the left.

BigDaddy12t 08-05-2011 01:54 PM

Wow, you got some slammers coming into your cams. Congrats!

leadoperator 08-05-2011 02:21 PM

Nice pics, hows the new moultrie preforming so far?

J Pike 08-05-2011 02:32 PM

Awesome bucks and pics! Pike

PastorJim08 08-05-2011 03:02 PM

Great looking bucks and congrats on the new property. Best of luck this fall.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

littlearrow 08-05-2011 03:37 PM

WIbuckchaser: Nice pictures. Just a thought: if you haven't done so, set your camera for a 30 second video with a 15 second delay. Your camera will take a picture first, then the video. This just makes trail cameras more interesting. I have 3 of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR set up this way. My videos have a faded look compared to the picture but still clear, and night is just video (no picture) limited to 10 second.

WIbuckchaser 08-05-2011 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by leadoperator (Post 3830752)
Nice pics, hows the new moultrie preforming so far?

I can't complain about picture quality. As most of the moultries, the trigger is slower than I'd like. The laser is worthless. But for the price, I wish I could have ten more.

WIbuckchaser 08-05-2011 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by littlearrow (Post 3830774)
WIbuckchaser: Nice pictures. Just a thought: if you haven't done so, set your camera for a 30 second video with a 15 second delay. Your camera will take a picture first, then the video. This just makes trail cameras more interesting. I have 3 of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR set up this way. My videos have a faded look compared to the picture but still clear, and night is just video (no picture) limited to 10 second.

Yeah actually just before I left the camera I did switch it over to video to try it. Looking forward to watching some video of a couple more bucks at the licking branch.

WIbuckchaser 08-05-2011 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by PastorJim08 (Post 3830763)
Great looking bucks and congrats on the new property. Best of luck this fall.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

Thanks Jim, Hope you have a great season too!

GTOHunter 08-05-2011 08:13 PM

Nice Pictures...I've read some good things about using the Pre-Orbital Scent on licking branches,they say it draws in more Bucks...gotta get me some of that stuff! :D ;)