Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

which camera

Old 07-19-2011, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default which camera

i have been using leaf river cameras with pretty good results. i did an up grade on 3 with 2 working great and one that doesn't seem to want to take night pictures. it is back in for the second time and i am getting frustrated to the point of switching brands. they seem to have a slow trigger speed when i set them on trails-i get a lot of empty pictures. i am assuming the deer walk thru before the camera goes off. i also get some blurred pictures at feeders from the deer moving-slow shutter speed-not terrible but annoying. i also have some of the cheaper stealths that seem to work ok with less picture quality but you can tell what kind of deer you have on your property and thats what i am after. what camera would you recommend that is easy to setup, dependable, etc
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

I'm in the market too right now, and am most likely going with a Bushnell Trophy Cam
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 AM
Spike

I recommend WildGame Innovations. I have used them since 2009. The first cam that I got was the IR4 09 model. It works great. When they revamped it to the 2010 model it got even better. I had a problem with the shutter, I think a small ant or something got inside and got wedged in, and I called their customer support. I sent it in and they gave me an IR5. I then got an X6C and that is probably my favorite cam in the field so far. Works fantastic. Great night and day pictures. I just got in the mail the new Pulse Wifi models. I tried it around the house and works amazing. I love how I can pull it up on my phone and show people.

I totally recommend WGI for their customer service and they are continually getting better with their cams.

Here is the link to the Pulse camera I have.http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/products/ir10x.html
Old 07-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Fork Horn

BearCaller, so what does the wifi feature on the pulse cams enable you to do?
Old 07-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

I also have 2010 Wildgame Innovations ir4 and to me it has the best bang for your buck. I bought mine for $59 at a farm and fleet and really like it. Good battery life, good trigger speed, great pics and really good reliability. I just got two day pics of different bucks on it last week. An eight pointer and a nine pointer and I will post them when I get my computer fixed. They are dandies. You can see the pic quality you can get from this cam. Scoot
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Reconyx.
You'll never want a different cam after trying these things.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by THEMAKKER13
BearCaller, so what does the wifi feature on the pulse cams enable you to do?
Unless you have a wifi network in the woods, it's pretty useless feature.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, can't say that my woods have wifi connectivity
Old 07-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Spike

Why not try a "Homebrew"??? Better picture quality, NO BLURR on the IR cameras, every unit tested for 2 weeks in the real world woods, and warrantied forever!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FIREMANJIM01
Why not try a "Homebrew"??? Better picture quality, NO BLURR on the IR cameras, every unit tested for 2 weeks in the real world woods, and warrantied forever!!!

Just checked out your website. sure looks like some quality cams. one of these days il get myself to spend some more money and get a real good quality one like your homebrews. however, for now im on a budget and the moultrie m80 can be picked up for $115 and is an awesome cam in my opinion. the night pic capability of these things are amazing for the price tag!

Last edited by NEBRbruiser; 08-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.