Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Moultrie Trail Cameras >

Moultrie Trail Cameras

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Trail Cameras

Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Primos truthcam 60. It is my first, so I can't compare, but I've been using it since Christmas and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Another thing to consider, if you are at all concerned with hunt club members or trespassers stealing your camera, is the quality of lockboxs available. For $35 you can get a very very solid lockbox for the Primos truth line. The padlock hangs off the bottom, and I wrap a chain around the tree and lock it up in the lock. So to steal my camera, you are either going to have to cut down a large tree, which is against huntclub rules, or pop a heavy duty lock.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my M80 so far.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

if the whole flash vs IR thing doesnt bother you id say go with the D55 model of moultrie... very easy to set up and great pics day and night... I know some are sceptical about the flash of a camera but to be honest i have never had a problem with it spooken deer... or non that im aware of at least. Great camera for 80 - 90 dollars
Old 08-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have three of the Moultrie Game Spy D55-IR trail cameras. I have these set for video. In this setting the camera takes a picture first, then the video. Video is set for 30 second. The night video is 10 second. Emailing Moultrie to see if there was either a software up date or a plan to extend the night video time: "no as this requires more battery power". The field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Again emailing Moultrie: "this is the way it downloads". Going to Moultrie Feeders (Moultrie website) there is an update to shorten the "delay". Moultrie has been very helpful in their email responses. When set to video, the color has a faded or washed out appearance as compared to the picture. All batteries were either new or fully recharged and tested with a digital meter at the time, so this was not a battery fault. Over all I like these cameras, but now from the reports of the M80, if that camera had been available at the time I purchased the D55-IR, I would have be inclined to purchase the M80 due to newer technology and better picture, video, smaller size and ability to use "AA" batteries instead of "C". Moultrie offers a one year warrantee from the manufacture. To obtain warrantee, you require a copy of your purchase receipt and a return authorization number from Moultrie. You would have to pay shipping to them. I found the cameras easy on batteries, but I am not getting several hundred pictures or videos per week like some forum members. In my area other than bear season, baits are not permitted. I therefore set up along trails. Good luck in your choice.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

littlearrow just curious, what state do you live in? Pike
Old 08-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

J Pike: Hi: I'm from Manitoba, Canada. This is the province north of the North Dakota border. I also own property in the next west province (Saskatchewan). I'm not sure if you are aware of this; what you call states: ex. Pa, North Dakota, South Dakota etc. we call ours provinces, basically the same thing. Where your states are broke down into counties (which may be larger), ours are broke down into rural municipality. Hope this helps. Thanks for inquiring.

Last edited by littlearrow; 08-03-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: To give a better explanation or description.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep know that your states are called provinces. The reason I asked I just saw that MI. just passed baiting for deer and didnt know you were a canuck!! ( though you might be from MI.)Pike