HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Trail Cameras (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras-84/)
-   -   the bucks are out!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trail-cameras/346423-bucks-out.html)

Cam Fan 07-04-2011 01:39 PM

the bucks are out!!

I have done something I would rather not. I put out some Trace Mineral salt and regular salt. Both 50lb bags cost about 13.00 and the deer love it it appears. I prefer natural shots but I thought I would try this. I am looking forward to another months of growing.

Stonewall308 07-04-2011 01:43 PM

I can't even tell you how happy I'd be to have those pics on my camera. Looks like you have a good season ahead of you.

My camera has only been out for 8 days, no bucks yet but I know there were at least three regulars in the area back in March.

Cam Fan 07-04-2011 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stonewall308 (Post 3821163)
I can't even tell you how happy I'd be to have those pics on my camera. Looks like you have a good season ahead of you.

My camera has only been out for 8 days, no bucks yet but I know there were at least three regulars in the area back in March.

I will post the biggest one I got later. It is a shooter.

whitetail_fanatic 07-04-2011 03:30 PM

Some great bucks for sure. Can I get a little help/info with the two salts you mentioned, how does putting out like that differ from just a block, what is Trace mineral salt? A 50 pound bag of corn is 10 bucks so I wouldn't mind another 3 and try something defferent. Thanks

Cam Fan 07-04-2011 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by whitetail_fanatic (Post 3821189)
Some great bucks for sure. Can I get a little help/info with the two salts you mentioned, how does putting out like that differ from just a block, what is Trace mineral salt? A 50 pound bag of corn is 10 bucks so I wouldn't mind another 3 and try something defferent. Thanks

Well the way I look at it is I can put 100lbs of salt out in about 4 spots (25lbs each spot). It goes in the ground faster and they paw the ground for the minerals.
I saw several formulas for self made mineral baits. They all had trace mineral salt and salt. I had never heard of trace minerals but when I asked at the feed store I think it was 7.00 for 50lbs. Most of the time when you buy a block and it has a buck on it the cost will be higher. I also have seen doe's lick a block but never a buck. I have 3 at the spot at the same time. I too wanted to try something different. I do not like seeing corn on the ground or feeders or the like in a picture so not having a block suits me better too. I just like to try something different. I hope this was of some help and good luck to you.

whitetail_fanatic 07-04-2011 07:06 PM

Thanks big help, think I'll pick up a bag before I check my cams next week.

PastorJim08 07-04-2011 08:12 PM

Nice bucks for sure.

Blessings.......Pastorjim