Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion >

Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion

Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion

we don't have mountain lions in MN but this sure looks like one to me. Not sure though. what do you all think?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Boy it sure looks like one to me. I think I would send that pic to one of your state's wildlife biologists and see what they think.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 06-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rack, I would say that there is a Lion. Also, I learned a long time ago, Just because the DNR denies something. Doesn't make it so. I told the DNR agent in Grand Rapids for many years that there was a Lion in the Hill City area, as well as Wolves. They denied it, until someone caught it on camera one night.

So yes, there are Lions in Minnesota.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am going to go with Moutain lion. The stride just looks to long to be a bobcat. An, the coloration does not vary any on the side of the cat like a bobcat would.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with everyone. Looks like a lion to me.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like a mountain lion to me.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like a mountain Lion to me. Glad you are in the North, and not down here by the Iowa border. I think I would have someone frome the state look at it too.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Boy it sure looks like one to me. I think I would send that pic to one of your state's wildlife biologists and see what they think.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Don't choke if they say it is a large tomcat. The wildlife officials have called mountain lions large tomcats and wolves big coyotes.

It is a mountain lion. The body is too big and long for a bobcat. It also does not have the coloration of a bobcat.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Looks like a mountain Lion to me. Glad you are in the North, and not down here by the Iowa border. I think I would have someone frome the state look at it too.
Just because you do not see any mountain lions does not mean they are not in the area. Even when they are around, seeing one is not common. They have monitored mountain lions with GPS tracking devices going several miles into cities at night without any calls of a mountain lion being spotted.

Here are some recent sightings in urban areas.

http://outdoornews.com/news/article_...cc4c03286.html

http://blogs.kansas.com/outdoors/201...d-near-k-c-mo/
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

That's a medium size mountain lion. Two winters ago, a lion was witnessed from just west of Eau Claire (somewhere in MN) to central WI. Took about a month to go 300 miles. People pieced together the sightings and tracks.

Last fall, one was seen and tracks verified in Washington County, which is 50 miles from Milwaukee. And YES, the DNR denied it. They said it had to be a domestic cat cuz bobcats aren't that far south either... in the middle of a corn field... with a 3 foot tail.... with a print the size of a large dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.