Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion >

Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Minnesota Bobcat or Mountain Lion

Old 06-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a lion.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by timmyzimmy

Last fall, one was seen and tracks verified in Washington County, which is 50 miles from Milwaukee. And YES, the DNR denied it. They said it had to be a domestic cat cuz bobcats aren't that far south either... in the middle of a corn field... with a 3 foot tail.... with a print the size of a large dog
Yep, the same old LIE. Don't you know that is a paw print of a large dog? What you saw was a big tomcat. We saw a large tomcat on our way over here.

And they wonder why they have a PR problem with the landowners and general public. Do they think people are actually that stupid?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

too long to be a bobcat...mountain lion hands down
Old 06-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be awful nervous going out there to check a trail camera....I've got pictures of several Bobcats by my salt block and they don't lok that BIG...I would definetly say its Mountion Lion! Yikes!!!!

I wish I could see its tail....?Most Bobcats would have some misc spots and/or stripes...there's no visual markings on that cat except a little by its ears...kinda scary to think You have a Mountain Lion on your Hunting Property!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not sayin it isnt a mountain lion but to me it has the black outline ears of a bobcat and also in compairison to the salt block in the background it doesnt look large enough to be a lion. Also cant really see the long tail through the folage so kinda hard to tell but to me the ears are definately that of a bobcat
Old 06-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Spike

lion for sure
Old 06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Spike

Thats got to be a mountain lion. i would defintley be looking over my shoulder checking that cam.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a Mountain Lion to me.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

At first glance at the body it does resemble a Mountain Lion but in reality I think you have a large Bobcat here. The ears are the biggest giveaway. Some Mountain Lions will have a faded amount of white on the back of the ears (most don't have any) but definitely not as much white as the cat in your picture. Those are in my opinion 100% Bobcat ears. Also if you look closely you can see a dark black spot in the picture at the rear of the animal. That black spot is in the perfect location to be the black tip of a Bobcat tail. I think you have a big Bobcat here.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like a lion. There have been a few sighted in the past few years. One was seen multiple times around the Cannon Falls area last summer and fall