Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
2011 Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Illumination Test >

2011 Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Illumination Test

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2011 Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Illumination Test

Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2011 Bushnell Trophy Cam Black LED Illumination Test

Since I won't be putting these out till this coming weekend I thought I would run a few tests on them here at the house. The camera is located on a tree 7 ft high and angled downward. The tree in the background lasers at 58.7 ft. I am very impressed with not only the quality of the videos but how well this new Bushnell will light up the night and you have sound also if you want it.

http://youtu.be/DIr6C_VQMCc

What impresses me more is how impossible it is to see the flash. If you are directly in front of it and looking right at it and know where to look for it you will see a small black light when you get within 5-6 ft when it is in video mode. There is absolutely no glow to be seen. I have yet to see it take my picture in camera mode except when using a three shot burst.

Last edited by J.M.A.N.; 05-15-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for taking the time to review this cam. Looking forward to real world applications.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the information.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

Looks pretty impressive, thanks for the review.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest trying your picture mode. My 2011 trophy cam black flash pictures at night came up blurry on everyone that I was moving. I am sending it back because the quality isn't good, my 2009 bushnell trophy cam has better night pictures then the 2011 did.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gunther89
I would suggest trying your picture mode. My 2011 trophy cam black flash pictures at night came up blurry on everyone that I was moving. I am sending it back because the quality isn't good, my 2009 bushnell trophy cam has better night pictures then the 2011 did.
All cameras that don't have a white flash will be blurry when an object is moving at night and it is worse with black flash than it is with the red blob. If you will set up your camera for a 3 shot burst, you will usually get one really good picture out of the three for analysis.
Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by gunther89
Bushnell doesn't make a true black flash cam yet.
They are called low glow.
Any ad that says they are true black flash is wrong and the Bushnell website will back that up.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by pnut
Bushnell doesn't make a true black flash cam yet.
They are called low glow.
Any ad that says they are true black flash is wrong and the Bushnell website will back that up.
the package actually has a sticker on it that reads "40 NO-GLOW BLACK LEDS" right in the middle of it so you can't miss it. I can tell you from personal experience that you cannot see one firing until you get within 5-6 feet of it in video mode and all you can see is a "black light" and there is no glow whatsoever. You can call it whatever you want to but you can't see it at a distance and it's lighting up the area.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

J.M.A.N. I visited the link you have posted, really like how they break down the trail cam by brand. Great site!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

I had to send my bushnell back last week the sucker caught on fire. Glad it wasnt during the dry season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.