Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need a good deal on a game camera >

Need a good deal on a game camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need a good deal on a game camera

Old 04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Spike

Default Need a good deal on a game camera

I haven't kept up with prices and such hope one of you has seen a good deal on a nice game camera. Maybe online somewhere. I’m looking for a middle-price wise camera but hopefully at a bargain basement price. Anybody seen one deeply discounted online and think it is a good camera? One you recommend?
Old 04-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's a good deal on a camera that sold for $200 new, just one year ago. They are pretty reliable and have a two year warranty.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Here's a good deal on a camera that sold for $200 new, just one year ago. They are pretty reliable and have a two year warranty.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Did you mean to leave a link?

Last edited by wasabi; 04-08-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Spike

Yeah PastorJim, I saw that cam too!
Old 04-09-2011, 12:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wasabi
Did you mean to leave a link?

I'm an idiot sometimes. Here's the link. Sorry about that.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2607481...=263602_324952

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Spike

Thank you sir!

I'm surprised I'm not seeing better deals out there. I been shopping around online like mad the past 2 days.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't buy cams off eBay. The sellers are rarely certified dealers so you won't get your normal warranty.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

wasabi: The link that "Pastor Jim" provided is a good price, but to me it looks like a 2010 model. It has two sections of 16 LEDs, for a total of 32. The 2010 models had various problems: runaway pictures where the camera kept taking pictures of nothing, and killing the batteries at the same time. The 2009 models have two sections of 12 LED's for a total of 24. These were good cameras and very reliable. I have seven of these going on to a year and a half. Absolutely no problems. Mine have the viewer screen which for the extra price (the screen is too small). I purchased one and found out how reliable it was, this is why mine are all that same series. You may be lucky to find a few of these at the dealers. I agree with "pnut" about buying on EBay unless the seller lists as an authorized Bushnell dealer. Bushnell offers a two year warranty. Whatever you decide, if buying new, keep your receipt and package that the camera came in. These are required for warranty. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Spike

Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I live in a small town so don't have a lot of shopping options, but I did find a Wildgame IR3c at our sporting goods store. Unfortunately the pictures are kinda fuzzy and it doesn't trigger very more than about 25' so I think I will return it.

Walmart had a Bushnell Trophy Cam but it looks different than all the pictures I see online when I try to research it. The one at Wallmart had the IR LEDS below the camera and split into 2 smaller groups. I've read how certain Bushnells are better than some but can't tell if this is one of the preferred models. It cost $147 which is twice what this Wildgame cost.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

In my opinion, you have to spend at least $200 to get a good reliable cam.
I own (1) Scoutguard SG550 and (2) Cudde Captures and love all of them.
Never one problem with any of them and they are in the woods 10months out of the yr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.