Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Shaved face doe

Old 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Shaved face doe

Any guesses on what happend to this doe.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, that is wild! My first thought was a wire fence, but not sure what it could have been.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Pretty woods there brother Jim...maybe tangled up in wire like the other member mentioned..hard to say.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

my best guess would be going under a wire fence and not quite ducking its head down low enough, but then again it could of went to the barber and just is trying out a new look.

On the under hand, I would have to say thats a yearling buck that has shed. I thought that right away in the first pic, because body and head just look like it is a buck and it does look like there are some fluffed up darker hair patches on its head where its small antlers had been or it could just be a button buck, but a doe would have a rounded top of its head, not flat.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

i second the thought on the deer being a buck...i noticed how dark the tarsal glands are and then saw what was already mentioned (what looks like a spot where his horns were)

Another thing that i thought of was it could of happened from a fight. If it is a buck, it wouldn't be anything for a buck to rub his horns against his face.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It does look like a Yearling Buck with the slightly rasied knubs...my guess is it either has the Mange or could it have rub the hair off from sticking its head inside a feeder or possibly a fence with the square shaped openings and rub the hair off?

You don't have one of those Antler Traps set up where You take some fencing and shape it in a V-shape and put corn in the center in hopes of the Bucks snagging and loosing their Antlers in it to find?...just an after-thought
Old 03-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like someone has been leading it around with a halter too much and wore the hair off. Just a guess
Old 03-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe it ran into a vehicle.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

It's a wild animal.....there's tons of things that could have happened to it. Maybe a bad encounter with bigfoot?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Fork Horn

nice shots, it is not camera shy that is for sure. Look around its eyes the circles, what kind of flash are you using? Is it an old gun powder type flash lol It may have got to close.

no clue what really happened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.