Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
New build mostly done >

New build mostly done

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

New build mostly done

Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Hey PJ, I heard that the PL2000 only akes a day to dry. I dont know if its true or not.
If you put it on thin enough i'm sure it would. But i must put mine on thick because it always has taken a couple days to dry on all the builds i have done.

Nice looking build Jim.

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. You may want to darken the face of the camera with a sharpie, electrical tape, or some paint. The silver shows up pretty good through the lenses. I had to do that to most of my homebrews. If the liquid nails still looks shiney when it dries you may want to hit it with a cote of flat clear too.

Keep up the good work.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Iowabucks44
If you put it on thin enough i'm sure it would. But i must put mine on thick because it always has taken a couple days to dry on all the builds i have done.

Nice looking build Jim.

I hope you don't mind some constructive criticism. You may want to darken the face of the camera with a sharpie, electrical tape, or some paint. The silver shows up pretty good through the lenses. I had to do that to most of my homebrews. If the liquid nails still looks shiney when it dries you may want to hit it with a cote of flat clear too.

Keep up the good work.
I don't mind at all, that's the way we all learn and I am by no means an expert at this. I see what you mean by darkening the camera, I will give it a try.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Spike

looks like you did a fine job. i have been trying to decide if i want to buy or build one. looks like it would be alot of fun to build one yourself. any advice on what kit to look at?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckeye1979
looks like you did a fine job. i have been trying to decide if i want to buy or build one. looks like it would be alot of fun to build one yourself. any advice on what kit to look at?
Yeticam sells a very complete kit, camera not included. With theirs all you have to do is add the camera and put things together.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 03-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I jst got done building my first one, and I used the yeti kit. Really liked it, very easy build.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Spike

This would be my first camara. I am leasing some land here in ohio and i am gonna buy or build one, i just havnt decided on what i want to do yet. you guys are getting me hooked on these pics lol
Old 03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckeye1979
This would be my first camara. I am leasing some land here in ohio and i am gonna buy or build one, i just havnt decided on what i want to do yet. you guys are getting me hooked on these pics lol
Here's the pros and cons on store bought versus homebrew. Pic. quality from the homebrews is usually superior to anything. You can get alot more features in a commercial cam. Sensing seems to be better from homebrews. Trigger speed is a little better overall than commercial cams, unless it's a Reconyx or a Cuddeback. Cost is usually less in a homebrew but not alot less. Alot depends on the application for which it will be used. If you going to set it up over a feeder or bait, nearly any camera will do. Off subject, but what does a decent lease in Ohio go for and where can I get information about it?

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Spike

I am leasing on the cheap. me and my brotherinlaw are joining a club . its a bunch of deputies that lease land together i am not a deputy but my brotherinlaw is they said i could join too. they have 5 or 6 properties that we can hunt its gonna cost 200 for the whole season. that is alot cheaper than what i was seeing on craigslist cheapest i seen on there was 500 to 2500 depending on the location and size of the property. the past 2 seasons me and my son has hunted deercreek state park and is hunted to death. thanks for the info pastor jim maybe i can start contributing some pics soon