Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
scoutguard vs spypoint >

scoutguard vs spypoint

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

scoutguard vs spypoint

Old 02-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Spike

Default scoutguard vs spypoint

well i was all set to get a scoutguard 565 (flash not IR) till i dug up some user comments on chasingame slamming the scoutguard for a clunking noise even though its not IR. the comments from the company were "the flash scares more deer than the noise". well they scared me into not giving them 180 bucks. im now leaning toward the spypoint flasher. small size, AA batts, good strap and better reviews will probably seal the deal by monday. has anyone else heard or have any experience with the clunk on the scoutguard flasher?
Old 02-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read the same posts as you did regarding the 565F. I think the Spypoint is a solid cam as well. I would go to the camera review section of chasingame and read what they have to say about both cameras.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have two SpyPoint IRB Trail cameras. My first two were returned to the manufacture due to video flicker when viewing the SD cards. The manufacture checked them out and replaced them with two new ones of the same series. These have given good service for a little over a year now. SpyPoint has provided excellent customer service, not only by replacing the faulty cameras, but answering any emails I have sent. Viewing their website http://www.spypoint.com they have several models to choose from.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

The scoutguard still has the clunk issue. Supposedly going to be fixed in the 2011 models.