Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

new cameras

Old 01-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Spike

Default new cameras

i just bought 7 new trail cameras all of them are differnt kinds im new at puting trail cams out so i wanted to but differnt types to see what i like beter. is this going to be a problom for me? and do u have any advice on where to put them how to set them up?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

WOW talk about jumbing right into it LOL, find a heavy trail (if you have snow it iwll be easy), put out some corn or apples (if legal) find a bottle neck in the woods, salt lick, mineral blocks,
could you give us a list of what you bought? kinda curious, and guys on here can tell ya what to look out for in different kinds of cameras and where each would work best
Old 01-10-2011, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find your time here both informative and entertaining. I don't know what types of cameras you purchased but trigger speed will have alot to do with how you set them up. Obviously the faster cameras can be used on trails, whereas the slower ones will probably perform better on feeders or bait. Try putting them on known food sources or at trail intersections. Always avoid pointing them into a rising or setting sun, which will affect performance. Be careful to clear away any foilage from in front of the cameras to avoid false triggers. If you think theft could be a problem, I suggest you invest in lock boxes for each unit. I also have two memory cards for each camera and I never mix them. In other words, I don't use a card in my Stealtcam one time and then use it in the Bushnell the next. Keep them with the same cameras all the time. With seven different cams, it may be beneficial to take the instruction manuals with you when you set up the cams until you get use to them. If you don't have the manuals, you can usually go to the manufacturers website and download them. Above all, have fun and be sure and share your pics with the rest of us addicts here.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Welcome to the forums. I hope you find your time here both informative and entertaining. I don't know what types of cameras you purchased but trigger speed will have alot to do with how you set them up. Obviously the faster cameras can be used on trails, whereas the slower ones will probably perform better on feeders or bait. Try putting them on known food sources or at trail intersections. Always avoid pointing them into a rising or setting sun, which will affect performance. Be careful to clear away any foilage from in front of the cameras to avoid false triggers. If you think theft could be a problem, I suggest you invest in lock boxes for each unit. I also have two memory cards for each camera and I never mix them. In other words, I don't use a card in my Stealtcam one time and then use it in the Bushnell the next. Keep them with the same cameras all the time. With seven different cams, it may be beneficial to take the instruction manuals with you when you set up the cams until you get use to them. If you don't have the manuals, you can usually go to the manufacturers website and download them. Above all, have fun and be sure and share your pics with the rest of us addicts here.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
WOW talk about persice answers, I don't think you could have got a more in depth honest truthful answer there ;-) wish I could just delete my first post LOL thanks Pastor Jim ;-)
Old 01-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

lips 101: Welcome to the site. If some of your cameras have video capability, that just makes everything more interesting. Hope you enjoy your cameras.
PastorJim08: A very good information writeup. Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM
Spike

ya i kinda jumped right in to it wish i could have done more reserch befor i bought them i dont know what kind off the bat im currintly over in afgahnistan with the 101st airborne and think of ways to improve my deer hunting all the time so i bought some trail cams for next year i know they all have IR and no flash i think there moltree and bushnell are a couple of them i didnt buy a cuddyback and dont think i want to after reeding the revews they had. i wanted to thank u guys for posting ways to set them up it realy is going to help me out in the field.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I rather have a Cuddeback than a Moultrie any day of the week.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Spike

do u have alot of probloms with ppl stealing cameras? i was reeding up on some of revews on trail cams and had some questions. what is recovery time? and do u think a red light or white flash spooks game opposed to cameras with no red light or flash? and would u prefer a cuddyback instead of multree? like i said i know nothing about this and still looking for more cameras?
Old 01-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lips 101
do u have alot of probloms with ppl stealing cameras?
Some people do a have a problem. It seems this year I have seen more cameras taken than ever before. That's why I also suggest a good lock box. It won't make them completely theft-proof but it will keep an honest man honest.
i was reeding up on some of revews on trail cams and had some questions. what is recovery time?
The Cudde's recovery time is 30sec. Just one of the reasons I got rid of mine. The Bushnell has great recovery time.
and do u think a red light or white flash spooks game opposed to cameras with no red light or flash?
Depends on the deer. I have deer stand and stare at my IR cams just as much as the white-flash cams. Some deer are just more sensitive to it than others. Usually if you put some sort of food down in front of the cam, they are more focused on that.
and would u prefer a cuddyback instead of multree? like i said i know nothing about this and still looking for more cameras?
I have owned both cameras and they each have their own issues and strong points. Cudde's trigger time is great but they have issues with their sensor. I don't care how fast the trigger time is, if the sensor doesn't see the subject, it can't take a picture. The Moultrie's are slower but their picture quality is second to none. They also have issues with transitioning from IR to what should be regular pics.
With more and more cameras coming to the market every year, it can become quite confusing on what to buy. Here are two websites that have great reviews on many of the cameras that are available. Check them out and see what you think.

www.trailcampro.com

www.chasingame.com

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

. what is recovery time? Time it takes the camera to take a picture after one is taken, right? I think thats it LOL I have 5 moultries, and do love them, have had one camera stolen, sucks how people just think they can do stuff like that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.