Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Was Hoping to show you a few weeks worth of trail cam pics..but thieves strike again! >

Was Hoping to show you a few weeks worth of trail cam pics..but thieves strike again!

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Was Hoping to show you a few weeks worth of trail cam pics..but thieves strike again!

Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

Really sorry...thieves suck. I had a 13 foot 6 person sleeper camper stolen at the very end of October. Backed right up to it, aired up the tires, cut the electrical lines to it, and drove off. I had purchased it two years ago to sleep in and eat while I remodeled the old farm house at the farm. Yep...thieves suck...sorry again.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Spike

Thats a real bummer....sorry to hear it.

I was too victimized by dirt bags.....got my revenge though. I build homebrews so I took an empty case that was ready to put a camera in and locked it to a tree, in a tree about 10-12 feet away I put a infared set up about 15 feet up and angled it down toward the "bait". I did this only about 50 yards from the original sceme of the crime.....Only took a few days to get a picture of the thief, he was carrying a hatchet (to cut through my cable). The thief was the neighbor, we never did get along so well and I have battled the trespassing for a long time. But when I confronted him about it I told him that all I wanted back was my camera otherwise I would go to the police with the proof.

I got my camera back.....and now we really aren't friends.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Woodsman1977, that`s a crappy story but a great ending!!!! would love to do that too but with the snow it`s just too risky, they could easily see where i have walked, again, great ending, I love to hear when the bad guy gets caught!!!
I think the thing that bugs me the most is that it`s likely hunters that took them, maybe next time i should leave a note, have enough cameras for everyone, instead of stealing these, ask and I`ll lend you a couple!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by RonPenner
Hey Woodsman1977, that`s a crappy story but a great ending!!!! would love to do that too but with the snow it`s just too risky, they could easily see where i have walked, again, great ending, I love to hear when the bad guy gets caught!!!
I think the thing that bugs me the most is that it`s likely hunters that took them, maybe next time i should leave a note, have enough cameras for everyone, instead of stealing these, ask and I`ll lend you a couple!!!
Your right, the snow would give you away for sure.

Its too bad that because I believe that most of the theft that goes on in the woods is from others who call themselves "sportsmen". It is really unfortunate because other people who hunt know that kinds of things to look for.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Fork Horn

My new mission wouldnt be hunting it would be trapping me some thieves. Sounds like they have done it before. Be nice if you could catch them on camera some how. Sorry to hear this man.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:37 PM
Spike

Sorry to hear this....lost my cuddeback this spring in gobbler season...I loose at least 1 camera a year