Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
White flash Vs. Infrared flash >

White flash Vs. Infrared flash

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

White flash Vs. Infrared flash

Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default White flash Vs. Infrared flash

I just recently got a trail cam for christmas but it is whiteflash. Just wondered if this would spook the deer. So for those of you that have used white flash cams let me know if youve had success without spooking the deer. Thanks
Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Spike

I have used whiteflash cams for many years. Most of the deer in my area do not mind it at all, but some deer do care about it. This also goes for infared, some deer wont be affected and some will. My advice is to keep moving your cams and keep em' guessing!

Good luck with your new cam!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input! I'm very excited to get it in the woods! I figured it would confuse the crap out of them but i don't think it will spook them.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used both infrared and white flash. Some deer could care less about the flash and you get them on the cam time and time again. Then there are deer that you get once. Is it because of the flash or are they just passing through? As far as getting pictures, move the cam often. As far as hunting and not pressuring deer, leave them setup and only check them every few weeks. I don't think deer will spook off of your property from a flash. But I also think that they may change trails based on the camera flash.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:17 AM
Fork Horn

I've noticed in video mode, some of the deer stare at the camera and know something is up, but I believe that without any other warning sign such as scent or sound, they don't take off. I haven't had any concerns with flash either. I think they're so used to headlights and lightning that it doesn't bother them. I like infrared for the night video.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

There are thousands and thousands of these cameras sold every year and if there was a big problem hunters wouldn't buy them. I have one and it is set up to shoot three shots at a time and then after a couple minutes it shoots three shots again. It is not uncommon at all for me to get shots of the same deer standing in range of the camera for several minutes or longer. The only concern I have had is someone seeing the flash and locating your camera. I used to have mine set up on a trail that was only about 50 feet from roadway. I worried about somebody driving down the road and seeing it flash three times in a row and stealing my camera. I know the odds of somebody driving down the road at the same time a deer passes in front of my camera, and then being able to narrow down were the flash came from is rare but it could happen.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys sounds like ill be good!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CDBHunter
I have used whiteflash cams for many years. Most of the deer in my area do not mind it at all, but some deer do care about it. This also goes for infared, some deer wont be affected and some will. My advice is to keep moving your cams and keep em' guessing!

Good luck with your new cam!
I have found this analogy to be true with my deer as well. I really prefer the white-flash cameras myself.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-29-2010, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer them.
My Cudde Capture takes great pics.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXZ6kN01xQs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.