Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need some help.. Trail Cameras >

Need some help.. Trail Cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need some help.. Trail Cameras

Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 AM
Spike

Question Need some help.. Trail Cameras

I have a stealth cam IR and I hate it. I watched 7 deer in my yard and not one picture.. (Yes I know how to set it up)
My question is.. What camera should I get? I want nice clear pictures, Really, I want pictures! Like to have a IR one. Cuddeback Capture IR? Give me all your guys opinions on any of them Thanks for your time Jeff
Old 12-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Spike

My SG560 has been a great camera. This is a good site to check out for reviews as well as help: http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=139
Old 12-23-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

If you want IR I would go with a Bushnell Trophy Cam. They are just as good as Cuddeback if not better. Cuddebacks IR is terrible and many times the pictures don't turn out well.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by schunter1128
My SG560 has been a great camera. This is a good site to check out for reviews as well as help: http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=139
Yeah! I was on there but, I was also looking for real world user helping too. Thanks schunter

Originally Posted by gunther89
If you want IR I would go with a Bushnell Trophy Cam. They are just as good as Cuddeback if not better. Cuddebacks IR is terrible and many times the pictures don't turn out well.
Really? Cool, Have to check them out then.. Thanks gunther!

Anybody else with there incite is welcome!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Fork Horn

IDK about the Bushnell, though it has great range, awesome detection.
I just think night pics are lacking in quality when compared to white flash cams.

I've got a 6yr old Moultrie that takes better night pics than my Bushnell.
But range, detection and battery life of the Moultrie are abysmal when compared to the Bushnell.

Take a look at my albums, compare ir to incandescent flash.

Moultrie
Moultrie again
Bushnell

And random Bushnell pic showing the detection range and trigger speed.

Last edited by onion721; 12-23-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:30 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by onion721
IDK about the Bushnell, though it has great range, awesome detection.
I just think night pics are lacking in quality when compared to white flash cams.

I've got a 6yr old Moultrie that takes better night pics than my Bushnell.
But range, detection and battery life of the Moultrie are abysmal when compared to the Bushnell.

Take a look at my albums, compare ir to incandescent flash.

Moultrie
Moultrie again
Bushnell

And random Bushnell pic showing the detection range and trigger speed.

Thanks you and I will!
Old 12-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

These are some good suggestions. In addition, you also might want to check out the Wildgame Innovations X6C and some of the Primos cams. Hope you find what works best for you.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I currently own 2 Reconyx HC 500s and 2 Moultrie I-40s. If you can afford a Reconyx camera buy one. You won't be making a mistake. Otherwise I would look for a Moultrie. I have owned cameras made by Cuddeback, Recon Outdoors, Trailtimer, beside the brands I currently own. The Cuddebacks were terrible in the cold Wisconsin winters. The Recon Outdoors cams had terrible batterylife but took pretty clear pictures and the Trailtimer cams were 35mm. I have found by my own use and speaking with other trail cam users that you get what you pay for. Personally I will be buying more Reconyx cams in the future, as I get the money. I look at it as an investment as Reconyx cameras are consistantly rated #1 which helps maintain the value of used cameras in case you want to sell.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 PM
Fork Horn

Moultrie D55IR 100$ and it just plain works
Old 12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
These are some good suggestions. In addition, you also might want to check out the Wildgame Innovations X6C and some of the Primos cams. Hope you find what works best for you.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Originally Posted by dbllunged
I currently own 2 Reconyx HC 500s and 2 Moultrie I-40s. If you can afford a Reconyx camera buy one. You won't be making a mistake. Otherwise I would look for a Moultrie. I have owned cameras made by Cuddeback, Recon Outdoors, Trailtimer, beside the brands I currently own. The Cuddebacks were terrible in the cold Wisconsin winters. The Recon Outdoors cams had terrible batterylife but took pretty clear pictures and the Trailtimer cams were 35mm. I have found by my own use and speaking with other trail cam users that you get what you pay for. Personally I will be buying more Reconyx cams in the future, as I get the money. I look at it as an investment as Reconyx cameras are consistantly rated #1 which helps maintain the value of used cameras in case you want to sell.
Originally Posted by fasterem
Moultrie D55IR 100$ and it just plain works
I really thank you guys for all your info!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.