Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Need Help - What cam (Under $150) has best night pics >

Need Help - What cam (Under $150) has best night pics

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need Help - What cam (Under $150) has best night pics

Old 12-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Spike

Default Need Help - What cam (Under $150) has best night pics

Ok so I have a Stealth Nomad IR (outstanding on batteries by the way) and a Primos 36 IR (battery life TBD) - the IR flash range and subsequent pics at night are less than desirable for both cams. It says 30ft IR range but I really think its more like 20. Very disappointing. I had one of the cheap regular flash wildviews $58 that had great night pics but the quality of pics kinda sucked and it ATE batteries - I mean four "C" batteries every two weeks. However it lit up an area at night and got every thing within a 50 ft range. Most of my cam loactions are in pretty upen locations so there is no reflection from objects to help. Here is the kicker I dont want to spend more than $150 (if that).

Cabelas has a Stealth cam Sniper with regular flash on sale but dont know anything about it. Would love to find an affordable cam with a really good IR flas that also doesnt eat batteries and cost me an arm and a leg in batteries.

Your thoughts? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Moultrie I-40 has the best IR pics I have seen. And since they are no longer making them, you can find them really cheap. I did have two of them at one time and the battery life is in the range of 4-6 months. Another cam that has pretty good IR pics in that price-range is the Wildgame Innovations X6C. Here is an example of an I-40 IR pic. This pic was taken after the camera had been out for at least six months without a battery change. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-18-2010, 05:29 AM
Spike

Default I-40

I have heard the same thing about the I-40 (nothing but great stuff about pics day or night and say that battery life is outstanding) but knew they were not being sold any longer and figured they were expensive - over $150. I will take a look around on ebay or any other spots you suggest. So the wildgame is one to look at? I will take a look. I bought one of their other inexpensive cams earlier this year and it was awful so I havent looked at any other models. I will give that one a look as well.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ton of new I-40s for sale on ebay and amazon for less than $140.00.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Spike

You can get them right from Moultrie for $120:

http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...fh-dgs-i40-act
Old 12-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

I wont put my two cents in on the I 40 this time LOL, but I will put out there to get d D55IR or Flash about 100$ awesome battery life and they just PLAIN WORK
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Spike

That is a great price on the I40 direct from Moultrie. Thanks for sharing

FYI - tax and shipping on that unit comes to appr. $23. so it comes out about same as Ebay but I just assume buy direct from Moultrie in the event of problems.

Last edited by Bonner1; 12-19-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by fasterem
I wont put my two cents in on the I 40 this time LOL, but I will put out there to get d D55IR or Flash about 100$ awesome battery life and they just PLAIN WORK
The game cams sure can be addicting That is one heck of a collection you have.