Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
How Good Are These??? >

How Good Are These???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

How Good Are These???

Old 12-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How Good Are These???

Hey,

I am looking to get a trail camera, but do not want to spend to much money for fear of it being stolen. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Wildview Extreme 3 trail cameras. Cabela's has them in a bundle. You get two for $150. I have never used a trail camera before, but I know there are some big deer where I hunt, I just dont have a pattern on them. Any suggetions too would be awesome!
Old 12-13-2010, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default trail cam

In that price range I would buy the wildgame innovations ir4 cam. I bought mine for $75 at farm and fleet. I have seen them as low as $70 but I can't remember where. It works great, easy to set up, and pretty good battery life. The pics are good also and has good trigger speed. They are reviewed pretty good overall. Scott
Old 12-14-2010, 01:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scoot12
In that price range I would buy the wildgame innovations ir4 cam. I bought mine for $75 at farm and fleet. I have seen them as low as $70 but I can't remember where. It works great, easy to set up, and pretty good battery life. The pics are good also and has good trigger speed. They are reviewed pretty good overall. Scott
What he said.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

the IR4 is a good cam, takes good pictures during the day and at night but it has some problems with the transition periods going from dark to light
Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM
Spike

I'll throw in with the IR4's as well. I had two out over this past season and had no problems with them so far. Cabela's had them on sale for cyber monday for $60 each, so I picked up two more...can't wait to try them out.

I have/had 4 of the Wildview 2.0, and only one still sorta works...bought them as a package deal a couple of years ago. They lasted maybe 2 years, and then their performance died off and eventually just stopped altogether. They did well when I first got them, I will say that.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the Wildgame Innovations IR4 is pretty decent then would the Wildgame Innovations 6.0 Mega Pixel Digital Game Scouting Camera With Infrared Flash be better? I know sometimes that more is not always better. If the IR4 is going to better than the X6c then I am gonna pick a few up, but if its the other way around then I am going to pick up the X6c....

Last edited by pa_yote_hunter; 12-14-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: wrong camera
Old 12-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by pa_yote_hunter
If the Wildgame Innovations IR4 is pretty decent then would the Wildgame Innovations 6.0 Mega Pixel Digital Game Scouting Camera With Infrared Flash be better? I know sometimes that more is not always better. If the IR4 is going to better than the X6c then I am gonna pick a few up, but if its the other way around then I am going to pick up the X6c....
THe X6c is a good cam. It is also smaller and easier to conceal if your worried about theifs. It some of the clearest IR pics in its class. But I've heard that it has trouble opperating in temp below freezing.(don't know if it's true)

I have owned the wildviews and they worked good for the first but then slowly went down hill.

Good luck in finding a cam!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

the x6c are a great cam! they take awesome pictures and the video is the best IR video out there, very crisp and clear. not sure about the cold thing, but a lot of cameras have problems when it gets real cold. if you want one good cam i would say go with the x6c, but you could also get two IR4's for the same price, its all up to you, they are both good cams but the x6c is definitely better IMO
Old 12-14-2010, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

It hurts the same weather or not it is a high end camera when they get stolen. I lost a couple over the years, you need a quality device to get the info you need, dont go cheeper because it might hurt less when it gets stolen. I take measures to insure they dont get stolen lock boxes, cables, ect. good luck
Old 12-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't plan on keeping it out in the cold. Just want to pattern them before and during the early season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.