Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
using cams in the cold >

using cams in the cold

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

using cams in the cold

Old 12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

I'm in wisconsin and I usually have cams up over winter. previously i've had a moultrie d40 and i40 up, the d40 goes into "sleep" pretty deeply and the batteries seemed to have run out pretty quickly. the i40 has taken good pictures up until about jan/feb, then it starts to slow down a bit (extra amount of empty pics, ect). the batteries in that last quite a while even through the snow.

have a bushnell this year that's been out there since gun season, i have the rechargeable batteries from trailcampro and haven't charged them yet, supposedly they'll last a year so we'll find out this winter!
Old 12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 Moultrie I-60 Camera's that I kept out all Winter last year,the DuraCell batteries lasted about 4 months thru the coldest parts of Winter...I also have the Energizer Rechargable batteries if they do run out on me?I bought a Moultrie I-35 camera and a D-55IR and I may try them out this Winter to see how well they fair?

I got several nice pictures of the Deer in the snow and some Bobcat pictures too,its interesting to see what all moves during the cold winter months!
Old 12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Fork Horn

I put my bushnell TC out in early december last year with Energizer Max batteries and the batteries were still good in April when bear decided to try and eat my camera. We had temps in the -25F range here in Wisconsin and it captured aroun 4000 pictures in that span.